The Director of Financial Management is responsible for maintaining the general ledger, ensuring that accurate financial statements are prepared on a timely basis in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Complete special projects as assigned by the Executive Pastor of Operations.
SPECIFIC LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Budgeting and Accounting
• Coordinate procedures and reviews in handling all church related receipts. Work with volunteer counters, review weekly count sheets, verify bank deposits, review account coding of all receipts, reconcile count sheets to individual contribution records, supervise data input to the stewardship records, develop documented procedures and policies regarding receipts and oversee preparation of all bank reconciliations.
• Assist the Executive Pastor of Operations in the investing of excess funds so as to maximize the highest rates of return, manage portfolio of investments and develop relations with personal bankers and brokers.
• Review and approve all Purchase/Funds Requests against all funds. Review all requests against the appropriate ministry budgets and determine availability of cash requirements.
• Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and budgetary comparisons of all ministries and church funds. Review content of financial statements and budget comparisons for reasonableness. • Assist the Executive Pastor of Operations in the development and assembling of the Annual General Operating Budget.
• Work with the church's independent auditors in the preparation and completion of the annual audit of Pinelake Church’s financial records.
• Administer the hosted purchasing system and manage users.
• Administer the credit card system.
• Develop accounting policies.
• Assist the Executive Pastor of Operations in the development of a Multiple Funds, General Ledger, Accounts Payable/Encumbrances, Receipts, Payroll, Contributions, Property Inventory, Reports System and others as needs arise. The Director of Accounting and Finance must have a strong understanding and prior experience in computerized accounting systems and controls and spreadsheet use.
• Assist the Executive Pastor of Operations and Finance Team in the Annual Church-wide Stewardship Emphasis. Prepare statistical information regarding prior year results, number of givers, ranges and gifts. Maintain and account for all pledges made through the annual campaign.
• Prepare biweekly payrolls.
• Prepare and maintain various financial analyses.
• Assist the Executive Pastor of Operations in preparing an in-depth internal accounting control review of all accounting systems. Document all system procedures in a Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Maintain the General Ledger Chart of Accounts.
• Work with the Executive Pastor of Operations in developing a centralized purchasing system.
• Maintain analyses of budget revisions and appropriate support. Properties
• Assist the Executive Pastor of Operations in inventorying and disposing of all properties and tangible gifts donated to the church. Work with appropriate teams, attorneys, trustees and brokers in the acceptance and disposition of such properties.
• Maintain subsidiary ledger of all notes and mortgages receivable.
• Assist the Executive Pastor of Operations in the settling of all trusts, wills, annuities and endowments.
• Communicate with insurance representatives regarding adequacy of coverage, claims and changes in circumstances. Maintain portfolio of all policies.
• Process construction draws during building programs. Ministry Teams
• Assist in the preparation and attend the various administration related ministry team meetings. Responsible administration ministry teams such as the Finance Team and Money Counters Team
• Supervise employees in the accounting office and work directly with the Administrative Manager in support staff office matters.
• Work directly with Directors regarding Facilities, Information Technology, Human Resources and Communications.
• Prepare job descriptions for each support staff position. Assist the Executive Pastor of Operations in establishing staff positions and responsibilities. Other
• Assist the Executive Pastor of Operations in developing and implementing a viable Planned Giving Program for the church. Develop a Planned Giving Team of diversified professionals (i.e. law, accounting/tax, insurance, financial planning, brokers, real estate, banking, etc.). Develop various church-wide Planned Giving Seminars relating to wills, trusts, endowment programs, financial planning, taxation, etc.
• Assist the Executive Pastor of Operations in developing, documenting and monitoring the appropriate financial and operational policies and procedures of the church. Prepare and distribute a Pinelake Church Policies and Procedures Manual to appropriate staff and ministry teams.
• Research various legal, tax and employee matters as they might arise.
• Assist the Executive Pastor of Operations in resolving complaints and inquiries from third party sources.
• Be a good steward with the resources God has provided to Pinelake Church (Matthew 25:21).
• Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to Glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of Pinelake Church (Colossians 3:23, 24).
• Adhere to Pinelake Policy and Procedures
• Performs other duties as assigned.
** To apply, please visit http://pinelake.org/currentemploymentopenings/
Seeking candidates with 10+ years of experience, CPA preferred. Competitive candidates will have sufficient and recent experience in a non-profit setting. Position requires expert knowledge of MS Excel 2010 and experience in Blackbaud software preferred.
We are one church in multiple locations bound together by a common vision and mission grounded in the truth of the Bible. We live by a set of values that not only distinguish who we are, but also keep us on target as we seek to accomplish our vision and mission. Our vision is to see Mississippi changed one Life Change Story at a time.