VICIS is a sports technology company founded in 2013 to better protect young athletes. Our first product, the ZERO1 football helmet, launched last year and ranked #1 in 2017 and 2018 NFL and NFLPA testing. VICIS has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in Sports by Fast Company, one of the 8 Most Innovative Start Ups by Inc. Magazine, and the ZERO1 was named one of the Best 25 Inventions of 2017 by Time Magazine.
As a Corporate Accountant, you are part of a team that partners with the business teams to help drive the business forward. You play a vital role in ensuring the Company’s finance and reporting are of the highest integrity. This role is primarily responsible for processing payroll, invoicing customers and recognizing revenue, state sales tax filings and other projects as they arise. The ideal candidate is a fast learner who can solve problems independently by thinking outside the box.
• Process bi-weekly payroll, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
• Research, track and resolve all payroll related issues including withholding, garnishments, and state related matters
• Reconcile the cost of employer-funded benefits to provider statements
• Calculate and process commission payments
Customer invoicing and revenue recognition matters (35%)
• Process and send invoices to customers timely
• Follow up with customer to ensure on-time collections
• Ensure revenue recognition is in compliance with GAAP
Support business growth (20%)
• Provide data and analysis to business leads within the Company to help them make smart business decisions
• Automate and simplify everything!
State sales tax filings (10%)
• Process and file state sales tax returns by the deadline
• Ensure that customer invoices use the proper sales tax rate
• BA or BS, preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting
• 4+ years of related experience
• Payroll processing experience and knowledge of state compliance matters required
• CPP preferred
• Desire to learn and solve problems
• Hands-on, energetic, team player with proven ability to adapt quickly in a changing environment and work independently
• Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and meet all deadlines
• Experience with Paylocity and/or SAP is a plus
About VICIS, Inc.
VICIS is a sports technology company founded in 2013 to better protect young athletes. Our first product, the ZERO1 football helmet, launched in 2017 and was the top-ranked helmet on the 2017 and 2018 NFL/NFLPA test and the top-rated Virginia Tech STAR helmet. VICIS has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in Sports by Fast Company, one of the 8 Most Innovative Start Ups by Inc. Magazine, and the ZERO1 was named one of the Best 25 Inventions of 2017 by TIME Magazine.