For far too long, education policy has been created without a critical voice at the table: the voice of classroom teachers. Educators 4 Excellence (E4E), a teacher-led organization, is changing this dynamic by placing the voices of teachers at the forefront of the conversations that shape our classrooms and careers.
E4E envisions a high-quality, prestigious teaching profession that is responsible for driving positive student outcomes. E4E provides teachers with opportunities to:
- Learn about the latest education policy news and research;
- Network with like-minded colleagues and policymakers through panel discussions, speaker series, and networking events; and
- Take Action by advocating for teacher-created policy recommendations through E4E’s teacher leadership training programs.
History and Impact
Founded in spring 2010 by two Bronx elementary school teachers, E4E has quickly grown into a national network of over 23,000 progressive teachers, united by the E4E Declaration of Teachers’ Principles and Beliefs. The work of E4E and E4E teachers has resulted in modifications to legislation on issues such as teacher evaluation and increased student funding, the publication of nationally significant teacher-created policy papers, and national and local media attention highlighting progressive teacher voices.
Growth and Culture
With chapters currently operating in Los Angeles, New York, Connecticut, Chicago, Boston and Minnesota, Educators 4 Excellence is entering an expansion phase as it seeks to provide a platform for teachers across the country to elevate their voices. Grounded in the experience of educators, E4E’s organizational culture revolves around an innovative, entrepreneurial, roll-up-your-sleeves spirit backed by a shared commitment to continuous improvement.
For more information, please visit Educators4Excellence.org.
The Staff Accountant will sit on our growing National Finance Team. The National Finance Team supports E4E’s national and chapter-based programmatic work by providing exceptional customer support and execution in the areas of accounting, and financial reporting and budgeting.
- Manage the payroll process for 100+ employees
- Perform the processing of functional expense allocation, monthly accruals, fixed assets depreciation, and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries
- Maintain the Development Pipeline reporting process to forecast future revenue
- Complete general ledger monthly reconciliations including operating cash and investment accounts
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial reporting package for the E4E Leadership Team
Finance Team Support (Finance and E4E Teams):
- Provide support in the accounts payable and receivable functions to the Accounting Associate as needed
- Work as directed in support of the Chief Operating Officer and Controller
- Coordinate with the Talent Team to ensure organization-wide compliance over the payroll and compensation process
- Assist in supporting the Development Team with external reporting requirements to funders
- Remain proactive in improving control environments by creating and maintaining process records and documentation and maintaining the integrity to fiscal controls
- Participate as an integral part of a major general ledger system conversion including working with the Implementation Team, testing the system and providing feedback to all stakeholders
- Work with the Accounting Associate to realize savings from vendors, achieving greater spending efficiencies
- Execute other accounting special projects as needed
The ideal candidate for this position will have a/an:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum five years’ experience in Accounting or Finance with at least two years’ experience in a nonprofit accounting environment
- CPA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in other Microsoft Office programs
- A strong ability and desire to learn systems and software tools quickly
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Detail oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, honesty and discretion
Moreover, all E4E candidates will have a/an:
- Empathy for, understanding of, and respect for the teaching profession
- Tenacity, grit and the ability to take initiative
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- A team player and a self-starter with exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability and eagerness to go above and beyond and do whatever it takes to get the job done
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is commensurate with experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Please apply online at Educators4Excellence.org/careers.
Applications can be addressed to Brian Clymer, Chief Operating Officer and should include a resume, a work sample that demonstrates relevant ability and experience and a cover letter that addresses relevant experience and demonstrates your understanding of E4E’s work and this position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Educators 4 Excellence is an equal opportunity employer.