*Commercial Banking interns will be considered to interview for the 2018 Commercial Banking Training Program, likely before their summer internship ends. Intern must meet the requirements of the CBTP, or be on track to meet the requirements of the CBTP by graduation. Internship performance and manager’s feedback will also be considered when making interview selections. CBTP interviews are not guaranteed. Please see additional details regarding the CBTP below.
COMMERCIAL BANKING TRAINING PROGRAM (CBTP)
The Commercial Banking Training Program, based in Chicago, Illinois, is a key component to the development of our team of commercial bank relationship managers. Growing and developing top talent is one of our corporate values. It is the launching pad for a career in providing high-quality commercial banking services to middle market companies.
- 18-24 month training program including classroom learning and practical application
- Taught by professionals at The PrivateBank as well as select industry and topic experts
- Classroom phase: accounting, finance, credit analysis, business writing, financial modeling, relevant computer skills
- Practical experience: 60- to 90-day rotations with lending groups across the bank such as general commercial, commercial real estate, health care, construction and engineering, security alarm, private banking, and for-profit education.
The program is designed to provide you with the skills you will need throughout your professional career, including sales, learning how to build your professional brand, and negotiation training. At the same time, you will gain real-world experience working alongside seasoned commercial middle market bankers. You will gain in-depth product knowledge in the areas of financing, treasury management, private banking, foreign exchange and derivatives.
Upon completion of the training program, individuals are anticipated to be placed on a banking team at The PrivateBank subject to business needs, performance and individual interests.
Individuals in the CBTP are full-time employees and eligible for company benefits and paid time off.
- College degree required, preferably with minimum two classes in accounting
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 desired
- Critical thinking and analytical abilities combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work individually and within teams
- Strong writing skills
- Work ethic, commitment to clients, employees and the communities we serve
The anticipated start date for the 2018 Commercial Banking Training Program is July 2018.