The Director of Finance is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The Director of Finance also oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and risk management.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of progressive career growth in a top public accounting firm, in addition to experience in finance or accounting in private industry. In addition to a strong track record of hard skills in financial planning and analysis, strategic financial thought leadership, the successful candidate will be a creative thinker with good judgement and an entrepreneurial mindset. UI LABS is looking for an experienced professional interested in expanding his/her skillset with a passion for being part of a fast growing innovative organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide operational and financial insight to support the business decision making process.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and supervision to a team of accountants and financial analysts.
- Drive all aspects of financial planning and analysis, including annual budget, long term financial planning, variance analysis, and short term forecasting. Develop and maintain complex financial models to support internal and external reporting.
- Direct all accounting activities. Provide accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly invoices, financial statements, and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Ensure accounting transactions and month-end and year-end closing requirements are effectively completed in accordance with US GAAP and company policies.
- Analyze operating results to assist senior leadership with facilitating business discussions.
- Work with operations to monitor spending and evaluate the ROI on approved projects.
- Drive monthly performance reporting activities, including commentary on performance compared to forecasts
- Provide accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports, and cash control.
- Manage employee use of approved system for travel and expense reimbursement and timekeeping.
- Manage Accounts Receivable, including processing of fees from project consortium member contributions, cash receipts application, quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports.
- Manage external audit process, including annual audit of financials and A133 compliance.
- Work with external auditors to prepare tax returns, taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes, especially related to UI LABS status as a non-profit.