Accounts Receivable Manager (Manager III, Grade M3)
Montgomery County Government
Department of Finance
Salary Range: $74,445 - $136,069
Montgomery County Government seeks a highly skilled and experienced Accounts Receivable Manager. The position will be responsible for effectively managing and overseeing the large and complex accounts receivable functions for the County. The position will work closely with Department leadership to accomplish the County's goals and objectives.
The Accounts Receivable Manager's duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with senior members of County government;
- Work collaboratively with Enterprise Resource Planning ERP team;
- Work collaboratively with County departments to gain in depth knowledge of County's sources of revenues and receivables;
- Take leadership role in the development and continuous improvement of County's account receivable program within the Department of Finance;
- Manage day to day operations and accounts receivable personnel;
- Develop, document and implement internal control procedures relating to accounts receivable, including identifying risk areas and recommending mitigation plans;
- Work collaboratively with County Departments' management staff to develop and document policies and procedures relating to accounts receivable including but not limited to collection, setting up allowance for uncollectible accounts and write off of receivables;
- Work collaboratively with the County's Attorney's Office to maximize collection of bad debt;
- Serve as liaison with County agencies' management staff in the resolution of issues related to account receivables and collections;
- Participate in year-end closing and development of County's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR);
- Participate in year-end audit of County's financial statements;
- Assess the impact of implementation of ever-changing financial accounting and reporting requirements established by standard-setting bodies, such as the Government Accounting Standards Board, Financial Accounting Standards Board, and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, as they relate to accounting for receivables;
- Participate in design of new business processes, and security requirements within the ERP financials application;
- Participate in software configuration to meet the County's financial process and security requirements;
- Participate in development of training materials, reports, and test scripts;
- Participate in software testing and data conversion activities and post implementation support.
- Employee must possess strong interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills and must be able to deal tactfully and equitably with people.
A criminal background and credit history check will be conducted on the selected candidate prior to appointment and will be a significant factor in the hiring decision.
As a manager/supervisor of unionized employees, this position has a responsibility for fostering a positive labor relations environment based on mutual trust, respect, and cooperation.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience managing a large and complex accounts receivable program or other complex financial operation.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Note: Based upon legislative requirements, some positions may be subject to different minimum qualifications.
All resume submissions must address the preferred criteria for the position, which are listed in the full advertisement, preferably in a separate section of the resume.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply,
please visit our website at http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/hr/recruitment/applynow.html
and then click on “Apply Now."
Click “Search Jobs" and see the full job description under the “Managerial Executive” Job Category.
Interested candidates must create an account in order to submit a resume.
The requisition number is IRC24673
This Recruitment Closes March 28, 2017
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the
*Helpful Hints when Applying for Jobs*
on the Office of Human Resource’s “Apply Now” webpage for important information
about the County’s application requirements and process.