KIPP is a non-profit network of 200 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating nearly 80,000 elementary, middle, and high school students.
We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives.
Why work at KIPP?
We have bold goals. In 2014, we set a goal to double the number of students we serve by 2020. We need incredible people to help us reach that goal. Work in key support roles, teach eager minds, or even lead a KIPP school. Come grow with us.
The KIPP Foundation is looking for a Financial Analyst or Senior Financial Analyst to join the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team.
As an integral part of the FP&A team, you will play an important role in the foundation’s budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes. You will perform financial analysis/modeling and gain invaluable experience working in a non-profit finance group supporting foundation programs and employees.
- Work as a thought partner with Sr. Director of FP&A, CFO and budget managers on budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes
- Provide recommendations and guidance to budget managers regarding expense results, allocations and variances based on budget to actual analyses and trends
- Collaborate with Accounting and Grants groups to complete month end close and reporting processes, support internal philanthropic and federal grant reporting requirements
- Collaborate and support Sr. Director of FP&A and CFO to prepare Finance Committee and Board presentations
- Participate in all major finance department undertakings such as annual audit, indirect cost analysis, invoice approvals and year-end close
- Update budgeting and forecasting assumptions in the FP&A financial system (Adaptive Insights) based on historical and insightful analyses, current program strategic decisions and conversations with budget owners
- Serve as the primary administrator for Adaptive Insights
- This is a full-time role that reports to the Senior Director of FP&A and will be based in our San Francisco, CA office.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and a minimum of three years’ relevant experience
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and analyzing operating and capital expenses, as well as building and managing complex financial models
- Experience managing and interpreting financial statements, strongly preferred
- Experience working with Financial Forecasting and Budgeting systems, Adaptive Insights strongly preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills: written and verbal
- Outstanding organization, project and time management skills
- Ability to model KIPP’s Character Strengths: Zest, Grit, Optimism, Self-Control, Social Intelligence, Gratitude and Curiosity
Experience utilizing Adaptive in a nonprofit or for profit business environment
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including:
Healthcare (health, vision, and dental) provided at 100% for employees and 75% for dependents
Vision is 100% for all dependents
401k plan with up to a 4% salary match
Generous time off:
PTO starting accrual that equals 18 days a year
15 holidays a year including a three-day Thanksgiving break (Wednesday – Friday) and the last week of the year (December 24 – January 1)
And other great benefits! (i.e. gym reimbursement, Flexible spending account (FSA), cell phone reimbursement)
The KIPP Foundation provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.