Accounting, Auditing, Bookkeeping, Finance, Economics, Banking, Real Estate
4 Year Degree
Clarion Partners is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the Americas and has managed real estate investments on behalf of institutional investors for more than 35 years. Our investment philosophy focuses on fundamental research within a broad operating platform of 7 offices strategically located across the United States and Europe. Clarion’s investment capabilities span the spectrum from core to opportunistic investments in both the equity and debt sectors.
This position is based out of the Dallas office. This position will perform financial, accounting and reporting functions for a group of institutional separate account clients and their real estate investment portfolios.
• Review and analyze property financial reports that include incomes statements, balance sheets, general ledgers, cash flow statements, bank reconciliations and other support documentation, to ensure material accuracy of property level reporting.
• Investment level accounting responsibilities including; compilation of acquisition, disposition, and loan financing entries, record fair value adjustments and audit adjustments, equity roll forwards and waterfalls, portfolio consolidations and eliminations, bank reconciliations, NCREIF reporting, performance returns, and maintenance of portfolio support schedules.
• Monitor portfolio cash needs through periodic review of property level funding requests, forecasted cash activity and client distributions requirements.
• Calculate portfolio investment returns, Assets under Management and fees for the designated group of portfolios.
• Delivery of accurate financial information to clients in accordance with client investment management agreements, authoritative accounting rules, industry standards and Clarion policies and procedures.
• Prepare requests for new legal entity setup, new GL accounts, report formats, and recurring journal entry roll ups within core accounting system.
• Facilitate request for information for internal and external audits.
• Assist tax consultants with tax return preparation, provisions and estimates where applicable
• Special portfolio and firm projects as needed.
• 2-3 Years of experience
• Real estate accounting background a plus
• Audit experience with a public accounting firm
• CPA certification
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business
• Microsoft Excel required
• Highly motivated self-starter who must be able to meet tight reporting deadlines
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to independently solve problems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
About Clarion Partners
Clarion Partners, one of the largest real estate investment managers in the Americas, has managed investment real estate on behalf of institutional investors for more than 35 years. Our consistent investment philosophy is grounded in fundamental research and a broad operating platform with 7 offices strategically located across the United States. Clarion’s investment capabilities span the spectrum from core to opportunistic investments in both the equity and debt sectors.