To save time applying, Hormel Foods does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time.
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenues across more than 80 countries worldwide. Its brands include SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin’s®, Wholly Guacamole®, Hormel® Black Label®, Columbus® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named one of “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” by Corporate Responsibility Magazine for the 10th year in a row, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. In 2016, the company celebrated its 125th anniversary and announced its new vision for the future — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ — focusing on its legacy of innovation. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com and http://csr.hormelfoods.com/.
This position reports to the Director of Internal Audit.
· Leads a team of auditors to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s internal controls and determines compliance with company policies and procedures as well as legal and regulatory requirements through the completion of financial, operational, and compliance audits conducted at all levels and locations of the company’s business.
· Manages the audit, including the audit preparation and scope, assigning resources and work assignments, providing audit team supervision on-site, coordinating the audit exit meeting, and preparing the Audit Report.
· Works closely with external auditors (EY) regarding SOX, Interim and Year-end testing that is performed by the Internal Audit Department for the benefit of EY.
· Trains and develops audit staff, including Internal Auditors, Associate Internal Auditors, Staff Accountants and Interns assigned to Internal Audit.
· Develops and modifies audit programs and procedures to assure audit techniques are applied in an effective and efficient manner.
· Completes documentation and control testing of our internal controls and processes in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 legislation.
· Requires up to 15-20% travel per year.
· A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
· 3-5 years of public accounting or internal audit experience
· CMA, CPA, or CIA certification
· A pattern of initiative and leadership.
· Strong Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
· Well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong computer skills.
· Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
· Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
Additional Required Skills
· Operational accounting experience.
· Working knowledge of either Oracle, MFG Pro/QAD systems
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Internal Number: #404
About Hormel Foods Corporation
Hormel Foods, based in Austin, Minn., is a multinational manufacturer and marketer of high quality, brand name food and meat products for consumers around the globe. The company sells products under some of the world's most iconic brand names including: Hormel® pepperoni, Applegate® natural and organic meats, Jennie-O® turkey, SKIPPY® peanut butter, Black Label® bacon, Wholly Guacamole® dips, Justin's® nut butters, Hormel® chili, Muscle Milk® sports nutrition drinks and SPAM® products. In 2016, Hormel Foods celebrated its 125th anniversary and was recognized as one of "The 100 Best Corporate Citizens"? by Corporate Responsibility magazine for the eighth year in a row. For more information, visit http://www.hormelfoods.com Opens a New Window. .