The Senior Investment Accountant is responsible primarily for assisting with the oversight of the external administrator's NAV packages for the Investment Funds and for the review and maintenance of internal portfolio reporting records.Additionally, the role will assist with the recalculation of all client SMA sub-manager and custody fees.
Specific duties include:
· Responsible for monthly approval of NAV reconciliations (third party reconciliation between administrator, custodian and Firm) and audits for all Funds.
· Update, monitor, and review Strategic investment book of record (IBOR), which includes updating monthly investment values in third-party funds.
· Point person to communicate, support, and clear fund accounting discrepancies for client requests, administrators, custodians, and auditors.
· Aggregate Fund data for the preparation of compliance filings for Funds.
· Calculate assets under management.
· Support the review and approval of all SMA sub-manager and/or custody fees as needed.
· Maintain documented procedures and files.
· Special projects as requested.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related discipline.
· CPA preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience with accounting principles and procedures. Big 4 experience preferred. Financial industry with fund accounting experience a plus.
· Understanding of and desire to learn more about investments, funds, hedge funds, and multiple investment vehicles.
· Advanced proficiency with Excel; familiarity with G/L software helpful.