Teaching Assistant Professor- Accounting - John Chambers College of Business and Economics-15605
The West Virginia University (WVU), John Chambers College of Business Department of Accounting is seeking applications for a Teaching Assistant Professor position. The position is a nine-month, non-tenure track faculty rank position that is eligible for promotion and merit raises. Approximately 80% of time is devoted to teaching eight sections of accounting classes at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The remaining 20% is dedicated to service to the department, college, university, the state and or nation, centered on developing and leading the Department’s efforts in internal audit, organization accounting, and related certifications: Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Master’s degree in accounting or equivalent, and a relevant professional certification (e.g., licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or other recognized professional certification) are required.
Qualified candidates must submit a 1-page cover letter describing interest and qualifications, especially internal audit and organization accounting, curriculum vitae, complete contact information of three professional references and degree transcript(s) (unofficial is acceptable). Please submit the required documents to Nancy.Lynch@mail.wvu.edu.
Review of applications will begin October 15, 2020 and continue until the position is filled. For further information contact Richard Riley at 304-293-7849 or Richard.Riley@mail.wvu.edu.
WVU is the State comprehensive Land Grant University with a main campus enrollment of approximately 29,000 and an R1 Carnegie Classification, the highest research activity level for doctoral universities. WVU provides faculty members with a supportive environment for developing a productive career (https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/new-employees) and a range of progressive policies to support work-life integration (https://faculty.wvu.edu/policies-and-procedures/work-life-integration).
Morgantown is a safe, inclusive, and family-friendly community. Morgantown metro area has a population of about 137,000 residents. Morgantown has been ranked among the most livable small cities in the country. The city lies within the Greater Pittsburgh Region and within a few hours of Washington, DC. Additional details on the area and the university are available at http://www.morgantownwv.gov/ and http://www.wvu.edu.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits eligible
Internal Number: 15605
About West Virginia University
The Department of Accounting in the John Chambers College of Business and Economics strives to work closely with students, firms, practicing professionals, and alumni to develop and deliver accounting education centered on innovation, impact and engagement. Department faculty are proud of our collaborative research results in an environment that recognizes intellectual contributions that are original and professional-based across the sub-disciplines of accounting. Our faculty are recognized service leaders within the college, university, state, profession, and academia. Our innovations and engagement are impactful with benefits accruing to our students and stakeholders.
WVU Department of Accounting offers four degree programs:
• Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) with a major in Accounting
• Master of Professional Accountancy (MPA)
• Master of Science in Forensic and Fraud Examination (MS-FFE) - ONLINE
• Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration (Ph.D.) with a concentration in accounting