Investment Operations Analyst - Investment Office, Office of the President-2015651
The Investment Office of Carnegie Mellon University manages the university's endowment and other long-term financial investments, referred to in the aggregate as the Long-Term Pool. This investment portfolio is equities-focused with an emphasis on private investments, particularly those sourced through commitments to private equity funds. We work with some of the very best investment managers in the world to protect and grow these resources to support the university's research and education mission.
We are seeking an Investment Operations Analyst to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and challenging work environment. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for critical accounting responsibilities for Long-Term Pool financial reporting and analytics. Reporting to the Investment Operations Director, you will have areas of responsibility that will include assisting with the buildout of our new accounting system (Multiview), producing reports and analytics for leadership, and facilitating the annual independent financial audit.
Core responsibilities will include:
* Manage the inflow of financial information from investment fund managers.
* Assist in computing quarterly valuations for the Long-Term Pool investment portfolio and posting accounting entries in ledger.
* Partner with the Senior Accountant to build out a comprehensive database of portfolio investments underlying our investment managers. Assist in the planning and implementation of an analytics package that will draw data from the Multiview database.
* Assist in the preparation of analyses for the monthly accounting close process, including reconciling investment activity (cost, value, realized and unrealized gain/loss). Collaborate with internal and external groups to facilitate the monthly close.
* Serve as back-up for processing investment capital calls and distributions.
* Support annual independent audit functions by assisting with "prepared by client" items.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Investment Office. Inclusion, collaboration, and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at Carnegie Mellon. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who can effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
* Knowledge of professional practice in financial accounting and reporting, internal controls, and external reporting. Ability to read, interpret, and analyze GAAP and IFRS financial documents.
* Ability to problem solve and gather/analyze information efficiently.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot table and v-lookup functionality. Ability to analyze large data sets and identify patterns and gaps within the data.
* Strong technology and software skills for various tasks to be performed using Dynamo CRM, Multiview, and Microsoft Office Suite.
* Team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and attention to detail as well as having a keen sense of prioritization and planning.
* Excellent interpersonal, listening, and communication skills and high standards of professional ethics and integrity.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
* At least two years of financial audit and/or relevant accounting work experience required. Experience including preparing, interpreting, and analyzing information subject to GAAP and IFRS is preferred. Experience accounting for private investments and private equity funds is highly desired.
* Experience with ERP systems desired; experience with Multiview and/or Oracle accounting software is preferred.
CPA is highly desired
Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance: https://www.cmu.edu/policies/administrative-and-governance/statement-of-assurance.html.
Job Function: Business Operations
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Full Time
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Internal Number: 2015651
About Carnegie Mellon University
Carnegie Mellon (www.cmu.edu) is a private, internationally ranked research university with programs in areas ranging from science, technology and business, to public policy, the humanities and the arts. More than 12,000 students in the university’s seven schools and colleges benefit from a small student-to-faculty ratio and an education characterized by its focus on creating and implementing solutions for real problems, interdisciplinary collaboration and innovation. A global university, Carnegie Mellon’s main campus in the United States is in Pittsburgh, Pa. It has campuses in California’s Silicon Valley and Qatar, and programs in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and Mexico.
BACK TO TOP
NABA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NABA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at NABA Career Center.