Galleria area CPA firm seeking a new member to join our team. Looking to fill a junior tax accountant full-time position with 2-3 years' experience. The candidate must demonstrate knowledge in a variety of personal and corporate accounting practices and must be willing to learn consistently in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will also be expected to work independently and possess great attention to detail with the ability to trouble shoot and solve problems with a positive attitude.
- Work with managers and clients to obtain information needed to prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts, and non-profits.
- Assist with accounting for small businesses.
- Assist managers with various consulting projects.
- Respond to notices issued by various taxing authorities.
- Various special projects including quarterly tax estimates and year-end tax planning.
- Under supervision of partner/manager assist in audits, reviews, and compilations.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years' experience working in a CPA firm with a tax background.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Taxation.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and financial procedures.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with accounting and tax preparation software (Quickbooks, Prosystem, Quicken).
- Microsoft Office knowledge (Primarily Excel and Word).
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work efficiently while meeting deadlines.
About Christmann & Co. Certified Public Accountants
Christmann & Co. is a local CPA firm located in the Galleria area. Established in 1983 by owner Harold F. Christmann, Christmann & Co. provides services in taxation, audit & attestation, and consulting for non-public companies and high net worth individuals. Comprised of two CPA's and three professionals, Christmann & Co. offers salary and benefits commensurate with experience.