The Single Family Programs Accountant works in the Office of Financial Management under the Controller. The primary duty of the position is to accurately account for DCHFA's portfolio of single family programs
• Maintain tracking of Single Family (SF) Program loans and ensure records are kept current to fulfill varying external and internal reporting needs. The Single Family Program loans include but are not limited to Down Payment Assistance (DPA); Hardest Hit Fund (HHF); Home Purchase Assistance Program (HPAP); Reverse Mortgage Insurance & Tax (ReMIT); Mortgage Revenue Bonds (MRB); and To Be Announced Mortgage Backed Securities (TBA MBS).
• Serve as the point of contact/owner for all Single Family accounting requests.
• Track fulfillment of all Single Family loan funding requests in coordination with other functions within Finance.
• Serve as the liaison between the Single Family Department and Finance to ensure timely funding of loans and timely reporting to various external stakeholders.
• Act as primary backup for the Accounts Payable process to include participation of weekly check-runs, reconciliations and submissions of quarterly reports to the DC Department of Small & Local Business Development (DSLBD).
• Perform all accounting functions related to the Single Family Programs and active Single Family Trustee Projects. Such functions include but are not limited to the following:
o Performing monthly bank reconciliations
o Recording of all transaction relating to returns, loans funded, line of credit draws and repayments, write-offs, allowances, reimbursements and other fees
o Reconciliations of transactions to the general ledger
o Maintain the trial balances for all SF programs and work to ensuring that all related discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
o Ensure general ledger reflects activity needed for submission and tracking of Agency reimbursement requests to various stakeholders.
• Manage the accurate and timely submission of HPAP loans and administrative costs to the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).
• Perform reconciliation and allocation procedures in the preparation of the Quarterly Financial Report (QFR) for the HHF program.
• Manage the audits for Single Family Programs for HHF and HPAP by governmental agencies.
• Participate in the budgetary process for the Single Family programs in coordination with the Single Family Department.
• Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial closing procedures.