The Senior Accountant is responsible for maintaining the books and records of assigned Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield corporate legal entities or overhead business units. He or she will be the primary contact for any US GAAP and IFRS related questions regarding the assigned entities or business units.
This role will oversee analyzing monthly/quarterly closing actuals, preparing forecasts and the annual budget in close collaboration with the department heads and applying critical thinking to challenge and enhance business performance. The Senior Accountant will also provide cover for the team managers as required.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare accurate asset, liability and capital expenditures account entries by compiling and analyzing departmental information
- Maintain and analyze general ledger entries to ensure the accuracy of revenue, reimbursements, and expenses
- Ensure timely accurate reports and financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Prepare or review detailed GL account reconciliations
- Manage, reconcile, and settle intercompany account balances with affiliates
- Prepare and review partnership contributions and distributions
- Process and record debt related entries
- Support due diligence for transactions such as stock issuance, stock buyback, acquisitions, dispositions, and property secured debt financing
- Review work of others as assigned
- Prepare schedules and support for Quarterly Reporting and GAAP and IFRS audits
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Participate in special projects
Budgeting & Forecasting:
- Contribute to the annual 5 year budget process and quarterly forecasts
- Act as a business partner to department heads to assist with their forecasts and budgets
- Prepare and explain variance analyses
- Explain key operational drivers and related impacts on the financial statements to key stakeholders to help set and strive action plans.
- Gain a thorough understanding of all sources of revenues, reimbursements, expenditures, and special accounting issues relevant to them if any
- Think critically and challenge business assumptions, strategies & tactics using KPIs and knowledge of industry trends in order to;
- maximize revenue/reimbursement, minimize cost and control capital expenditures.
- help property services related businesses reach budgeted targets.
- Provide data in a way that is consumable and illustrative, where necessary, to explain performance and support decision-making
- Work with the company’s auditors to obtain audit opinions according to strict deadlines
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of accounting and financial analysis experience (Retail or Commercial Real Estate preferred) with general ledger and financial statement preparation experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting and/or Finance
- CPA or equivalent qualification preferred
- Experience with ERP, Consolidation systems is a plus
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact with senior management
- Self-motivated, deadline driven and results oriented; a problem solver with strong teamwork skills and strong desire to drive and implement change
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We believe that diversity plays an important part in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.