Privately-held since 1983, Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”) is a leading global professional services firm that delivers performance improvement, turnaround management and business advisory services to organizations seeking to transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through decisive action. Our senior professionals are experienced operators, world-class consultants and industry veterans who draw upon the firm’s restructuring heritage to help leaders turn change into a strategic business asset, manage risk and unlock value at every stage.
A&M Taxand is the Tax practice of A&M. Our professionals work on a variety of tax technical subjects, as well as manage day-to-day client service relationships. Our people and our services are the gateway to a variety of specialized and customized tax solutions that help to improve compliance with tax authorities, while maintaining each client’s overall tax risk profile and business success.
As an intern with A&M Taxand, responsibilities include:
- Perform special consulting projects such as preparing year-end tax projections, identifying and researching planning ideas, and preparing financial analysis to obtain optimal tax minimization strategies for our clients
- Research various federal, international, state, and local income tax regulations
- Assist in preparing correspondence to clients regarding proposed and final Internal Revenue Service regulations affecting their various tax positions
- Prepare federal and international individual, partnership, limited liability company, S Corporation, and C Corporation income tax returns and supporting schedules
- Gather data from clients and analyze tax-related financial information
- Prepare quarterly estimated tax calculations
- Assist in the development of economic models used to evaluate transactions for strategic planning and structuring purposes
- Team with other colleagues and participate in client meetings
Who will you be working with?
We are not a typical tax firm. We are a group of entrepreneurial, action oriented and results oriented tax professionals who take a hands-on approach to solving our clients’ problems and helping them reach their potential. We are nimble, resourceful, and proactive but adapt quickly when changes are needed. This position offers the opportunity to network with existing and prospective clients and allows the individual to assume additional responsibility quickly. We present you with opportunities, not a playbook, and we reward you based on your achievements, not your tenure.