You'll interact with a number of I&W Executive Committee members and their teams, including the Director of Individual and Bulk Annuities, the Finance Director and the People Director. You'll also represent GIA at the I&W Data Committee and work in close collaboration with the Head of Audit of Group Model & Actuarial Risk in supporting the I&W Asset Liability Committee and its subcommittees.
I&W has a number of separately regulated legal entities. Most of these sit within Scottish Widows Group (by far the largest component of I&W), but we also support Halifax Share Dealing Ltd and Scottish Widows Europe SA in Luxembourg. These legal entities have their own Boards of Directors, some with Independent Non-Executives and some with Group Non-Executives, and interact with their own regulatory supervision teams. This is the only Head of Audit role in I&W that is not directly aligned with a legal entity Board, but in practice you'll provide significant support to these Boards and will have direct exposure to regulators in the UK and abroad.
In addition, I&W continues to pursue an ambitious growth agenda within an ever changing UK Insurance and Wealth Management market. This includes inorganic and organic change activity across all of its chosen markets. A significant proportion of the work of the I&W audit team is working in close collaboration with the I&W Transformation squad and other SME teams within GIA.
We're looking for someone who has a solid understanding of numbers but also brings some product knowledge. Someone who is able to influence decision-making at all levels and collaborates actively across all lines of defence to get the right result for the business. A colleagues who brings solid audit expertise but also has commercial acumen and a high degree of empathy. An individual who is comfortable working in situations of ambiguity and brings agility and creativity and an ability to think on their feet and who is enthusiastic, willing to learn and get stuck in. If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
We want you to:
▪ Take ownership for developing, planning and implementing the organization's audit strategy.
▪ Manage relationships with key internal customers and act as their business partner, while typically using support teams to ensure client happiness.
▪ Provide input into the development of compliance policies, develop underlying procedures and supervise their implementation.
▪ Make authoritative technical and/or professional recommendations that have a significant short-term and long-term impact on the business.
▪ Take ownership for implementing formal development frameworks for a substantial department, while informally coaching and mentoring others throughout the organisation and investing in own personal development.
▪ Lead the development and/or operation of aspects of the internal communications system with guidance.
▪ Take ownership for fulfilling business plans for a significant functional business area by optimally leading a large team.
▪ Set longer term objectives and take responsibility for implementing and coordinating performance management systems for a meaningful department within the organization.
▪ Develop functional or operational policies and participates in developing policy frameworks for area of responsibility or department, crafting underlying procedures and monitoring their implementation within the organization.
▪ Manage the delivery of a major part of the organisation's project management programme, while taking personal responsibility for a few business critical projects.
▪ Develop innovative solutions by integrating and analyzing complex and diverse information sources.
▪ Manage the development and/or delivery of an element of the organization's strategic planning.
Do you have these skills?
Qualified actuary or chartered accountant
Awareness of products in the insurance industry
An understanding of pensions / retirement products
Our Benefits Package
A performance related bonus
Generous pension contribution
30 Days leave plus bank holidays
A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
Private health cover
Wider corporate benefits and perks
Our continued commitment to helping Britain prosper means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.