This position is based in the Purcellville, VA office with ability to work from home 3-4 days each week.
This role will focus on improving efficiencies within monthly close, consolidation processes, and assistance with development of comprehensive financial reporting. Key emphasis is on defining and standardizing business processes before, during and following planned ERP system upgrade.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sr. Accountant will work closely with the CFO and Assistant Controller to understand and support departmental goals of a faster month-end close, while maintaining high quality and transparency of records.
• Ensure daily posting of applied payments to all operating companies.
• Scope, standardize and shorten review of the month-end reconciliation files.
• Review and standardize format and timing of all the recurring entries.
• Assist with preparation of financial flash report.
• Assist with data migration in planned ERP upgrade from QuickBooks Online (QBO) to Intacct.
• Refine and own the process of regular intercompany postings and reconciliations in QBO to minimize month-end bottlenecks.
• Identify and set up all reconciliation files for new operating units.
• Assist with annual audits with external auditors.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in related field
Preferred: Master's degree in related field
Minimum: 8+ years hands-on financial experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position:
• Excellent technical and computer skills (in particular advanced Excel)
• Strong accounting systems and month-end close knowledge
• Experience with 3rd party platforms (i.e., Expensify, Bill.com) reconciliations
• Must have intercompany and consolidated reporting experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Can do attitude and intellectual curiosity is a must
• Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
• Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which individual must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other team members accurately or quickly.
• Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
• Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• Close visual acuity for preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection.
• Subject to both environmental conditions for activities that occur inside and outside.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Lowers Risk Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled veteran or other veteran, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
AT WILL EMPLOYMENT:
Lowers Risk Group is an At Will employer and nothing within the job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Lowers Risk Group reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply the job description in any way the company desires and the job description is not a contract for employment.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.