Trinity, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks an experienced Accounting Manager who will be part of a dynamic team in the office of Business Affairs. This position will report directly to the Associate Controller. Trinity emphasizes excellence and innovation in teaching and learning across a full range of liberal arts and professional disciplines in undergraduate and graduate education. As such, we are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, who understands and will support Trinity’s mission, is able to prioritize when faced with several important deadlines, and most importantly works well in a team environment.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required.
SPECIAL LICENSES, REGISTRATION OR CERTIFICATION:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
LEVEL & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in higher education and/or with non-profits required.
- 5+years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role.
- Experience with Great Plains and Power Campus database systems preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions and Tasks):
- Oversee and manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of general ledger for cash and non- cash accounts.
- Assist with year-end financial audit activities and compile assigned audit schedules.
- Prepare and analyze financial data to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- Develop staff by managing performance, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Review and prepare cash receipt deposits.
- Research and resolve cash receipt or account receivable-related inquiries.
- Serve as a backup for student refund processing, cash receipts entering, and collections accounting.
- Assists students in making payment arrangements and payment plans, as needed.
- Manage campus-wide parking permit system and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Includes rotation of evening and weekend coverage
To apply: Please respond to the “Apply Here Now” link below where you will be directed to the application and be able to submit your resume and cover letter.
- APPLY HERE NOW
Trinity Washington University is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.