The primary focus of this position is to ensure accurate and timely payment of the City's accounts payable and related functions.
This position will help to lead the City's accounts payable process into the era of artificial intelligence and help to facilitate process improvements to take advantage of new technology.
Apply at: http://www.portlandoregon.gov/jobs
1. Knowledge and experience applying the principles and practices of accounting, information technology and internal controls.
2. Ability and experience planning, prioritizing, assigning, coordinating and reviewing the work of assigned staff.
3. Ability and experience analyzing and making sound recommendations on complex financial operations, accounting systems, procedures and controls, including enhancements to automated accounting systems.
4. ability and experience communicating effectively, orally and in writing, to a variety of internal and external audiences.
5. Ability and experience developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
6. Ability to learn and adapt to the ever changing environment of accounting and technology in order to keep up with the evolution of the accounting profession and the City of Portland.