CrossCountry Consulting is a trusted business advisory firm that provides customized finance, accounting, human capital management, risk, operations, and technology consulting services to leading organizations facing complex change. We partner with our clients to help them navigate pressing business challenges and achieve goals related to improving operations, minimizing risks, and enabling future growth.
Our people are our most valuable asset and our individual differences are our greatest strength. At CrossCountry, we embrace and value our individual experiences, capabilities, talents, and perspectives by fostering and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. Join our team where Excellence is a priority, Collaboration and teamwork are the norm, Energy is contagious, and the opportunity to make an Impact is endless.
At CrossCountry, we share a vision for creating a distinctly new type of advisory firm, one that brings the best aspects from our Big Four and Arthur Andersen roots along with an unwavering commitment to building the right culture. We take pride in our ability to provide customized solutions that fit our client's unique and specific set of needs. [AK1][AD2]
As a Director, you will report to the Accounting Advisory National Office Leader and serve as a member of our leadership team to create, develop, and build our nationwide Accounting Advisory National Office. Companies are constantly faced with complex accounting, financial reporting, or regulatory matters. In this role, you will be part of leading 'Team CrossCountry' in helping our employees and clients anticipate, understand, and respond to technical accounting and financial reporting challenges. As a leader in our National Office, you will be part of an experienced team that has in-depth technical accounting expertise in diverse areas that can provide direction and recommendations in a wide range of scenarios. You will also be accountable for other practice-related activities, including business development, client relationship management, account management, project oversight, recruiting, and other office operations.
National Office Practice Leadership:
In joining, you will help establish the National Office Group at CrossCountry and be part of the team responsible and accountable for setting the growth strategy in line with CrossCountry's Core Values and other operational areas:
* Lead Subject Matter Expertise : Serve as a leader in our Accounting Advisory practice by guiding and directing strategic firm initiatives around technical accounting policies and standards. Work with our Accounting Advisory leadership to develop the tools, templates, and trainings our people need to ensure quality delivery.
* Thought Leadership: Lead marketing and business development efforts in support of creating and building the firm's first-ever nationwide Accounting Advisory National Office; involve yourself in firm-wide committees and internal initiatives such as industry forums, recruiting, business development, sales/proposal process, marketing, training, and organizational development . Participate in external initiatives to share expertise and educate our clients such as creating case studies, white papers, learning materials; actively contribute to external events such as networking events, seminars, webinars, conferences, and training.
* Account Management: Cultivate new client connections and expand existing client relationships, have a solid understanding of clients' business, and ensure quality of deliverables and satisfaction on engagements.
Technical Client Delivery:
Provide high-quality consulting services by taking personal ownership for delivering on technical requirements of client engagements that are fact-driven, solution oriented and meet CrossCountry's standard for quality. Partner with our clients and delivery teams to enable, lead, and manage various accounting deliverables such as:
* Preparation of financial statements typically in connection with acquisitions, carve-outs, proposed sale transactions, restatements, etc.
* Assess and design reporting processes to adhere to and support SEC reporting (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K etc.) and management reporting requirements.
* Transactions as a result of, or in preparation for, one or more of the following areas: mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, spin-off, carve-out, IPO.
* Assist in the in the design and implementation of new accounting policies and procedures.
* Assist clients in solving complex financial reporting and accounting matters related to revenue recognition, foreign currency, asset impairments, purchase accounting, share based payments, consolidation, and presentation of financial statements, amongst others.
* Provide expertise and knowledge in influencing, interpreting, applying and teaching the developments of standard setters (FASB/IASB); FASB comment letter process, thought leadership publications, guiding SEC pre-clearance activities for clients and establishing common practices across the profession.
* Manage client accounts, projects, and engagements, including work plans, staffing, deadlines, and budgets throughout all lifecycle phases - strategy, goal-setting, deliverables, and maintaining an integrated project plan
* Motivate and Support: Manage project teams by guiding performance against objectives, creating an atmosphere of trust and collaboration, modeling leadership behaviors, and encouraging continuous improvement/innovation.
* Coaching and Development: Participate in coaching family by serving as a role model, mentor, and liaison for others; provide coaching and training opportunities for team members leveraging individual skills and the firm's people first culture.
* Recruiting and Retention: Take an active role in attracting, interviewing, hiring, and retaining top talent.
Travel & Education:
Willingness to travel domestically up to 30%
Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Accounting, Business, Finance or other technical discipline
Required Experience & Qualifications:
15+ years of relevant accounting experience advising publicly traded companies on various accounting challenges including reporting, policy, standards (e.g. ASC 606, ASC 842, ASC 326), and transactions (e.g. M&A, divestitures, spin-off, carve-out, IPO, etc.)
Prior experience in professional services (public accounting or advisory firm), preferably at a large, global accounting firm or with a management consulting firm
In depth knowledge of accounting standards (U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS)
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Demonstrated track record of establishing credibility both internally and externally
Proven leader with the ability to foster an environment of collaboration and excellence
Passionate about building, developing, motivating, and leading others
Strong attention to detail with the ability to think from a "big picture" perspective
Creativity, confidence, and flexibility
High energy, enthusiasm, and an entrepreneurial spirit
A great sense of humor!
CrossCountry Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and believes that respect and fair treatment are critical to creating a productive, diverse, and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, CrossCountry is fully committed to comply with all federal, state, and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard torace, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, pregnancy, genetics, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CrossCountry Consulting is a trusted business advisory firm that provides customized finance, accounting, human capital management, risk, operations, and technology consulting services to leading organizations facing complex change. We partner with our clients to help them navigate pressing business challenges and achieve goals related to improving operations, minimizing risks, and enabling future growth. Our people are our most valuable asset and our individual differences are our greatest strength. At CrossCountry, we embrace and value our individual experiences, capabilities, talents, and perspectives by fostering and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. Join our team where Excellence is a priority, Collaboration and teamwork are the norm, Energy is contagious, and the opportunity to make an Impact is endless.