Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Stryker is hiring a high-performing Senior Accountant for our Spine division!
What you will do
Contribute to and enforce all financial policies, procedures and control measures to ensure all U.S. based expenditures are identified, controlled, tracked, reported and analyzed in a timely manner, in accordance with U.S. GAAP, SOX and Stryker Corporation financial policies.
Participate in the financial closing process with journalizing and reviewing balances.
Manage inventory sub-ledger accounts and the related account reconciliations.
Develop inventory reporting with analysis and commentary.
Support the instrument appropriation process and the amortization process.
Reconcile Inventory counting to control standards.
Document and enforce all internal control policies and procedures. Identify opportunities for control improvements.
Verify accurate standard costs and update for organization
Monitor inventory transactions for reasonableness and maintain controls on expenses
Lead the cycle counting process for in-house counts
Participate on cross-functional project teams.
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Be customer focused.
What you need
Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance.
CPA and/or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred
3 to 5 years experience in accounting environment
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel with strong accounting application.
Proficiency in JDE, Power BI, and Cognos is preferred
Excellent communication, customer service and analytical skills
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK