Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities including completion of sub-ledger postings, reconciliations, sub-ledger lockdown, posting to GL, Fixed Assets accounting, Cash accounting and corporate submissions
Financial Statement analysis.
Performs other related work to accounting cycle.
Support the execution of activities related to internal and external audit requirements
Work closely markets and local accounting teams to resolve discrepancies, issues and queries for related accounting issues in a timely manner by escalating to the Lead Associate as required
Assist R2R Manager to identify and implement process improvement initiatives and best practices
Ensure robust compliance environment with SOX, internal controls, accounting policies and procedures.
Support manager in reviewing Journal entries and account reconciliations
Education & special trainings:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business or related field
SAP, Oracle or QAD systems knowledge is a big plus
Qualifications & experience:
3-5 years of relevant working experience in a finance/accounting function in matrixed international company (preferably American or Multinational company) with complex reporting practices and with exposure to various reporting systems
Experience of working in a shared service center across a global /large organization will be an added advantage
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK