Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange, headquartered in Shawnee, Kansas, is the leading provider of property and casualty insurance for rural electric cooperatives in 45 states. The company's primary goal is to offer its members affordable insurance coverage over the long term, so they can focus on serving their communities and making them better, safer, and more vibrant places to live.
Federated offers employees a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
Processes accounts payable; completes reports ensuring compliance with company and regulatory standards; compiles, reviews, and submits financial data; and assists with various departmental projects.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Processes accounts payable and expense reports daily. Includes coding and batching invoices, processing expense reports, updating and reconciling check registers, printing and facilitating the signing of checks.
3. Assists with compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial and claim data to various state agency and insurance statistical bureaus, including shared responsibility for workers’ compensation experience modifier process.
4. Helps maintains accuracy and integrity of claims databases. Ties-out self-insured trust claims payments at month-end.
5. Performs special projects such as conducting an analysis of a current process for improvements, providing general ledger accounting assistance, and creating schedules for monitoring loss and premium data.
6. Prepares municipal taxes for several states and completes various state assessment filings and payments. Involves verifying premium information from various reports, reviewing rates and submitting for payment.
7. * Performs other duties as needed.
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to maintain flexibility and responsiveness when faced with multiple work tasks.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Attention to detail and familiarity with financial reports or invoices.
Proficient in Excel and Word, and strong ability to learn new software programs.
Skill in accurately reading, interpreting, and analyzing statistical and financial data.
Ability to effectively communicate and work with co-workers, customers and vendors in a professional manner.
Ability to learn new skills and work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
Ability to think creatively and analytically and make suggestions for improvement.
Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange is member-owned and is the leading provider of property and casualty insurance for rural electric utilities in 45 states. We understand the challenges you face and our goal is to give you more than just the financial strength and stability that you expect from your insurance carrier. We also work to help our members control risk and reduce accidents. All underwriting, claims service and administrative functions are handled in-house. This unique position allows Federated to provide unparalleled service at an affordable cost. Contact us to learn more about the benefits of membership in Federated.