$23.37/hr - $35.06/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
Banner Health Brush Family Medicine is located in rural North Eastern Colorado and attached to East Morgan County Hospital. We are a primarily a family practice clinic with OB. We have a Specialty Clinic which houses, General Surgery, OBGYN, midwifery, and visiting outpatient providers, such as Orthopedics and Cardiology. We also have a stand alone clinic within 10 minute drive in Ft. Morgan, CO. This is a family practice clinic with OB with a variety of outreach providers.
As the Practice Supervisor, you will have oversight of day to day staffing and operations of front and back office staff. You will manage schedules of staff and provide support to the Practice Manager with day to day needs. You will be joining a very productive team of providers serving the Brush/Fort Morgan and surrounding communities. We are a part of a larger group with our attachment to East Morgan County Hospital and have the opportunity to work with a variety of engaging partners.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Colorado and Wyoming, to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position works to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the assigned department, including day-to-day administration of non-physician staff and operations. Uses specialized knowledge, judgment and skills necessary to provide excellent patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supervises the day to day activities of non physician staff, ensuring a high level of productivity. Continuously monitors the functioning of the medical group and recommends changes to operational procedures as necessary.
2. Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow of staff. Schedules non physician staff ensuring that staff is appropriately deployed among offices.
3. Oversee all functions of the medical group including reception and scheduling activities, patient service areas, accounting, medical records, transcription, business information systems, and appropriate clinical areas.
4. Functions as a liaison between non physician staff and physicians to ensure effective service for patients. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with group physicians. Serves as a role model and resource person for providing quality patient care and patient information as needed.
5. Maintains office policies and procedures in accordance with physician requirements, facility and system policies and procedures, standard practices of the profession, and related regulatory requirements.
6. Determines physical maintenance and equipment needs and repairs and coordinates internal or external resources. Resolves problems relating to the facility on a day-to-day basis. Ensures all areas are appropriately stocked and supplies are readily accessible.
7. Covers front and/or back office functions. May also administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed, and consistent with demonstrated competencies and state scope of practice.
8. This position has a strong understanding of the daily workflow of the practice and functions autonomously to provide guidance to ensure quality patient experiences and efficient practice operations. This position is required to have working knowledge of referral and authorization processes and must have the ability to navigate a variety of separate computer programs at any given time and handle multiple demands on time. Internal customers include all patients, staff and clinic providers. External customers include the community, vendors and non-clinic providers and facilities.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES DIRECTLY REPORTING Non-physician support staff MATRIX OR INDIRECT REPORTING None TYPE OF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Assigned full authority for employment actions including selection, training, coaching, and performance reviews.
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, values, and purpose of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS OE - Typical Office Environment: (Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Consultant, Program Manager) Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking. May be required to lift up to 20 pounds. Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment. Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects. Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone. May require off-site travel.
Requires a level of literacy, communication and math skills as normally demonstrated at the level of an Associate's Degree.
Certain assignments may require current certification as a Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant or current LPN license.
Requires a level of knowledge and ability normally demonstrated by at least two years experience in a physician's office or medical environment. Requires excellent communication and organizational skills.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience in a leadership or coordinator capacity preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.