In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner Health is looking for aCompensation Senior Consultant to join the Compensation Team which works remotely, and is required to attend occasional in-person meetings at Banner's corporate office in midtown Phoenix. Be part of a team that focuses on developing creative Total Rewards solutions that support Banner Health's mission, values, and purpose and drive the organizations desired culture. We provide a positive and supportive work environment which our team members value, offering the opportunity of a flexible/remote work schedule with an in-office space reservation system to accommodate in-office time as needed.
As a Compensation Senior Consultant, you will work closely with HR Business Partners, Recruiting, and Leadership teams to solve compensation-related business challenges. You will analyze data and feedback from our partners with the latest industry research, to make data-driven decisions in a meaningful way. You will also focus on utilizing innovative and creative solutions to monitor the progress of our programs and come up with future enhancements. As the ideal candidate, you will have a can-do attitude, be self-motivated, resourceful, detail oriented with strong technical skills, and an orientation to data analytics. Banner Health is proud to share our vision to make healthcare easier so life can be better and is looking for top talent that shares this vision.
This can be a remote position if you live in the following states only: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, HI, IA, ID, KS, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, NV, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, & WY.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position analyzes business needs associated with facility/business entity compensation issues and identifies and applies system compensation solutions as appropriate. Supports facility/business entity senior management team decision-making by providing compensation data and analysis of operating units. Compensation includes the following: base, merit, incentive, inconvenience, and premium pay, spot awards, production pay and regulatory and policy compliance. This position represents all compensation programs for one or more specifically assigned facilities as well as system-wide, and partners with colleagues in Total Rewards, Human Resources, Finance, and others to assure responsible and consistent stewardship of company compensation dollars.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Partners with facility/business entity Human Resources to provide guidance on compensation philosophy, principles and practices to facility management staff. Provides formal training and supports Human Resources in individual coaching of facility managers on effective utilization, communication, and management of compensation programs.
2. Provides facility management with regular and ongoing analysis of facility application and management of compensation programs and practices. Identifies areas of concern and recommends solutions. Accesses and interprets data from a variety of sources to gain full understanding facility needs and options. Partners with other Total Rewards staff to achieve regional and system-wide workforce solutions. Meets regularly with Facility/Business Entity Senior Management Teams and Human Resources to support communication and promote partnership.
3. Analyzes jobs, writes and edits position descriptions, conducts investigative interviews as necessary to reach full understanding of new/revised positions and their relationship to other positions. Supports internal equity by participating in position leveling process. This includes playing a key role supporting large-scale organizational/departmental structure changes.
4. Conducts market research as needed to resolve questions and identify trends. Supports full-scale market analysis for annual region or system-wide salary range adjustments. Serves as liaison to designated professional groups to develop and communicate market adjustment proposals. Assures that all parties are fully engaged and involved in data gathering and problem using a multi-disciplinary approach. Supports facilities and work groups by performing and implementing equity analyses. Makes recommendations and presents findings to senior management.
5. Participates in or leads a variety of high-level compensation projects and studies for facility, region, or system. These may include design of pay structure, audits of overtime exemption status, reviews for data integrity, research of internal and external pay practices and similar assignments.
6. This relationship manager role will interface on a regular basis with all levels of management at assigned facility/facilities. Analyses and recommendations will be used by management in decision-making at facility, region, or system levels. Although this position's primary focus is facility-specific, it is part of the System Total Rewards department and has responsibility for projects with regional and system impact.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a strong knowledge in Human Resources as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business, human resources administration or related field.
Requires seasoned business and/or human resources knowledge, preferably in Compensation, as typically demonstrated through five to seven years of related experience. Has proven experience and track record of success in balancing immediate needs against strategic initiatives and goals; moving forward despite ambiguity or resource restraints; making timely and calculated decisions in uncertain situations. Must demonstrate effective relationship development/management skills, and ability to effectively communicate in individual and group settings. Teamwork is critical. Attentive listening and polished presentation skills are needed to establish credibility and gain support for system-wide solutions. Requires business case development skills, analytical ability, project management and familiarity with position leveling and regulatory requirements impacting compensation. Polished and professional writing skills are necessary.
Requires proficiency with computerized spreadsheet, data base, word processing, and electronic mail applications. Must demonstrate consistent and careful attention to detail with commitment to follow through.
Certification as Compensation Professional (CCP) through World at Work is preferred, along with additional related education and/or experience. Health care experience is a plus.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.