$40.11/hr - $66.85/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
IT Clinical Applications is responsible for all clinical systems that touch our patients and clinicians. Qualified candidates will have the ability to think strategically while understanding the complexity of the systems we support. At Banner Health, Cerner is our primary electronic health system but the ability to understand the integration with other clinical and non-clinical systems is key to success.
Banner Health is currently seeking an IT Clinical Engagement Specialist II responsible for supporting the IT Clinical Applications - Quality Assurance and Delivery Team initiatives. This position is a high level strategic contributor that will oversee planning, testing, training and activation of integrated clinical application solutions. They will collaborate with various IT Solution teams, Business leaders, and customers to develop and enhance the quality of the delivered EHR product.
The typical schedule for this role is Monday-Friday 8a-5p with limited schedule flexibility. The primary location for this role will be in the Banner Health market within either Arizona or Colorado, with remote work opportunities available to the candidate depending on business needs. An ideal candidate would possess a Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of related experience, past experience/interest with clinical EHR workflows and design, testing and activation process, previous project management experience, time management skills, multitasking abilities, strong communications skills and experience with teaching/training others.
This can be a remote position if you live in the following states only: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, HI, IA, ID, KS, MI, MO, NY, ND, NE, NV, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, WA, & WY
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides project management and leadership in support of high-quality clinical applications systems. This position serves as a liaison between key stakeholders and the business to ensure successful integration of clinical systems and processes. Works with the applications and support team to develop and deploy best practices in utilization of clinical application systems. Assists in the development and implementation of current and future clinical information systems, working closely with stakeholders. The Clinical Engagement Specialist II proactively leads the collaboration efforts of service area leaders, IT field services, clinical application and informatics teams to increase efficiencies and promote continuity of care through technology and workflow improvements. Acts as a peer leader and subject matter expert in internal processes and procedures.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides guidance, direction, and education to the decentralized clinical applications team. Leads the efforts for the development and implementation of staff assessment and training programs. Responsible for ensuring the visibility of clinical application support services. Leads efforts to collaborate across disciplines and IT functions to develop methods of engagement for Clinical Analysts that support various stakeholder needs.
2. Utilizes data analytics to identify and lead system teams that work on process improvement in electronic health record and clinical application education activities. Develop recommendations on potential approaches to achieve business and IT clinical application capabilities. Leads efforts to promote coaching of users in understanding and effective use of technology. Leads and implements application testing for system enhancements. Leads and implements solution evaluation through workgroup leadership; tracks, monitors, and enhances solution usage; and implements user groups and associated action plans.
3. Performs Consultant and Project Coordinator functions. Obtain and analyze information on usage of the system and workflow concerns through internal IT clinical application teams and external vendors. Collaborates with stakeholders to help define issues and enhancement opportunities within the electronic health record. Implements project support in conjunction with leadership for the deployment and support of new and existing IT clinical applications. Influences peers in leveraging critical thinking skills and deep understanding of the EHR to resolve complex electronic health record issues. Expert knowledge of electronic health record and associated technologies' background function, and how they relate to quality measures, interoperability, and system-wide strategic initiatives.
4. Performs Advocate functions. Expert knowledge of strategic alignment with stakeholders, service area leadership, and IT field services departments to resolve conflicts between workflow and the electronic health record. Expert-level global thinking of clinical workflows in order to drive system-level process improvements and fill identified gaps to ensure consistent appropriate workflow across specialties within the system. Leads, influences, independently manages and assess results of projects, workgroups, policy and procedure gaps, and improvements as it relates to clinical applications.
5. Researches trends and advances in the field of healthcare IT as well as new developments of electronic health record and associated technologies. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of clinical practices, regulatory standards, and organizational direction. Leads peers as an expert influencer for positive outcomes, utilizing this knowledge in supporting users and process teams with creation of documentation standards. Develops accountability standards for the use of business tools to promote business strategies with the innovative use and optimization of tools. Acts as a mentor to peers in relationship management, documentation standards, demonstrates best practices, and is a subject matter expert.
6. This position must interact with and support clinical applications leaders and staff, stakeholders and system contacts. This position must coordinate interdisciplinary activities in the planning and modification of the clinical information system, both at the facility and at the system level.
Internal Customers: All levels of management and staff, medical staff, and other healthcare members for the purpose of integrating services, improving patient care, ensuring effective communication systems and facilitating decision making in clinical practice.
External customers: Vendors in the implementation, modification, and support of clinical application systems.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, values, and purpose of the organization. They will serve as role models and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
This position may require on-call hours during implementations, and as required to support the end-users.
Incumbents must possess knowledge and experience equivalent to completion of a bachelor's degree in healthcare related field or related business discipline; and have a license for a clinical position in a practicing state; or certification in a clinical healthcare setting.
Must have five plus years of experience working within a complex and diverse health care setting.
Must be proficient in the use of system office applications. Must possess a basic understanding of integrated clinical systems. Must have highly developed interpersonal and critical thinking skills with the ability to prioritize needs rapidly. This position requires the ability to convey messages and thoughts clearly to a diverse audience, using both verbal and written mediums. Requires the ability to promote change among large groups of workers. Requires the ability to coordinate information and activities, work under stress of deadlines and frequent interruptions, and to possess analytical problem-solving skills. Requires the maintenance of familiarity with clinical care processes and information technology.
Depending upon assigned area of responsibility, this position may require applicable certifications and/or licensures, including but not limited to: PT/OT; RT; Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA); Certified Protection Professional (CPP); Associate in Risk Management (ARM); Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT); Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.