Founded in 1993, DivcoWest is a multi-disciplinary real estate investment firm headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Menlo Park, Boston, Washington DC, and New York City. Known for our long-standing relationships and track record of success in markets where innovation thrives, we combine entrepreneurial spirit with an institutional approach to deliver value-add solutions to the world’s most innovative companies.
DivcoWest aims to create environments that inspire ingenuity, promote growth, and enhance the health, happiness, and well-being of all people. A disciplined code of ethics is at the core of all that we do. We value our partners and our people and believe that the collective energy of a diverse team is what drives our creative ideas and solutions.
DivcoWest is looking for an experienced Assistant Property Manager that will work out of our property management office in Menlo Park, CA--The Sand Hill Collection. This position requires someone who is motivated, interested in learning and very attentive to detail. The individual for this position should be comfortable working and contributing to a team environment, enjoy being in a busy environment where new and complex transactions occur and interact with people at various levels within and outside the organization.
The Sand Hill Collection (SHC) in Menlo Park represents roughly 44% of office inventory along Sand Hill Road and is an exceptional cluster of world-call office space, activated open spaces, and on-site amenities in one vibrant community. As an integrated collective, SHC delivers approximately 552,000 square feet across nearly 50 total acres, three campuses, and 21 office buildings along the most covered stretch of Sand Hill Road.
· Manage monthly Accounting Calendar for adherence to deadlines throughout the month to include completing monthly accounting tasks, including review of rent edits, accruals, and account payables
· Monitor tenant receivables including preview of rent statements, responding to tenant inquires, rent collection, miscellaneous billings, and delinquency reporting.
· Process invoices daily, including vendor coding, approval verification and budgetary review. Maintain accurate financial records using MRI accounting software. Prepare necessary check requests; input related data and processing within established guidelines. Research and respond to internal and external inquiries. Research invoices and payments to insure timely and accurate payment.
· Manage the preparation of and give approval on accurate tenant billings.
· Follow up on all delinquencies. Obtain aging report for property manager and deliver standard correspondence to address delinquencies.
· Prepare monthly operating report for property manager review and approval.
· Review monthly rent roll for accuracy for supervisor review.
· Responsible for working with Asset Management for annual tenant common area expense billings and reconciliations.
· Responsible for all budget input into spreadsheets and/or budget application.
· Track costs and tenant billings for tenant improvement projects.
· Accurately compose own correspondence and spreadsheet documents as needed.
· Back up the Tenant Services Coordinator to dispatch service calls to enter into the work order software program “Building Engines” and follow-up to ensure satisfactory completion and to welcome visitors and clients in a professional, courteous, and helpful manner.
Secondary as needed:
· Support preparing aspects of the annual budget and gathering bid proposals for potential work to be performed.
· Act in a property manager capacity as needed.
· Assist in creating vendor repair agreements, maintain vendor’s files, supervise vendors as requested and monitor vendor insurance as needed.
· Assist with property inspections as requested, prepare periodic inventory of building contents, provide appropriate follow-up and assign work to service providers as needed.
· Assist with Tenant Relations, including but not limited to updating and maintaining the tenant handbook, order tenant move-in gifts, order holiday gifts and assist with planning of annual tenant events, coordinate with Tenant Experience App provider.
· Assist with tenant move-ins including disbursement of keys and access cards, establishment of new mail service, walk-through and all other tasks as required.
· Assist with card access input and procedures for the property as needed.
· Assist property manager as needed with capital improvement and tenant improvement projects.
· Professionally interface with all levels of management, vendors, and tenants.
Knowledge Skill Requirements
4 yr degree (BA preferred)
Strong mathematical skills and organizational aptitude.
Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
Above average customer service skills and problem-solving capabilities.
Multi-tasked, detail oriented, and works well with deadlines.
A person who takes initiative and is “self-starter” with a positive attitude.
Resourceful, reliable, and punctual.
Eager to learn and be a "go-to" when questions/issues arise.
Founded in 1993, DivcoWest is a multi-disciplinary real estate investment firm headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Menlo Park, Boston, Washington DC and New York City. Known for our long-standing relationships and track record of success in markets where innovation thrives, we combine entrepreneurial spirit with an institutional approach to deliver value-add solutions to the world’s most innovative companies.
DivcoWest aims to create environments that inspire ingenuity, promote growth, and enhance the health, happiness, and well-being of all people. A disciplined code of ethics is at the core of all that we do. We value our partners and our people, and believe that the collective energy of a diverse team is what drives our creative ideas and solutions.