A generous compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate, including an excellent benefits package, liberal vacation time, and tuition remission for eligible dependents.
Oberlin College is accepting applications for the postion of Staff Accountant. This position is responsible for performing general ledger account reconciliations, preparing journal entries, creating and maintaining periodic reporting, preparing various reports and assisting in the preparation of various other analyses and reconciliations. The position is also responsible for entering accounting documents into the Banner Finance System, preparing reports and analyzing information. This is a full-time, 12-month Confidential Staff position reporting to the General Accounting Manager.
· Batches, balances, and enters accounting data into Banner Finance System
· Reconciles general ledger account activity as assigned
· Prepares journal entries to record inter-department sales, account transfers, student organization transfers, and other accounting activity
· Creates journal entry feed files
· Reviews and processes feed files created by submodules of Banner and other systems
· Performs preliminary review of accounts payable batch reports for clerical accuracy and propriety
· Serves as back-up to accounts payable
· Executes Accounts Payable check run process as necessary
· Prepares spreadsheets and other analysis as directed
· Analyzes various accounts and prepares year-end and month-end closing entries
· Assists with monthly, quarterly and annual closings
· Serves as liaison with other campus department for inquiries, questions, etc.
· Assists with annual external audit as directed.
· Provides assistance to the Controller’s Office as needed
· May supervise student, temporary or other College employees
· Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma
• 5 years of recent working experience in general accounting with increasing responsibilities (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
• Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, accounting procedures, practices and resources
• Ability to interpret and apply established administrative principles and practices to complex procedural technical problems
• Proficiency in spreadsheet preparation, database maintenance and word processing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work as a team member and to collaborate with others to drive resolution
Oberlin College & Conservatory is a four-year, highly selective liberal arts college that combines a top-ranked college of arts and sciences with a world-renowned conservatory of music. Combined, the two divisions enroll approximately 2,900 students. Founded in 1833, Oberlin College & Conservatory was the first college in America to make interracial education and coeducation central to its mission-traditions that live today within a commitment to positive social engagement. Located 35 miles southwest of Cleveland, OH, Oberlin College & Conservatory has earned a reputation of excellence based on the quality of its richly diverse student body, outstanding faculty, excellent facilities, and academic and technological resources. Learn more at http://new.oberlin.edu/about