Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off.
Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Office of Internal Audit
Campus: Rose Hill (RH) - Bronx
The mission of the Office of Internal Audit is to provide independent objective assurance and consulting services that add value and improve the university's operations. Internal Audit assists in the accomplishment of the university's goals and objectives and supports the mission of the university by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for planning and execution of internal audits (financial, operational, compliance, and special projects) and consulting engagements throughout the University under the supervision of the Director of Internal Audit. The position will perform integrated audits for the University and audit work will focus on identifying, documenting, and assessing internal controls. The role will be instrumental in creating risk and control matrices for key processes, mapping controls to key risks as well as maintaining and updating the department's reporting software.
We are looking for a candidate with demonstrated experience for leading and executing complex audits, and to collaborate with areas across campus to mitigate identified risks, evaluate key internal controls, and execute a risk-based Audit Plan. The position will also integrate technologies and business concepts in a higher education environment to analyze complex data for anomalies or irregularities utilizing data mining, fraud detection, and/or forensic techniques.
Assignments will vary in complexity and should be carried out with minimal supervision. The Senior Internal Auditor will review and analyze transactions, documents, records, reports, and accounts relating to University operations and functions, and prepare acceptable working papers and audit report findings. This position will contribute to implementing programs to formalize assurance of audit activities, as well as promote a strong control environment. We offer a collegial atmosphere, professional growth opportunities, hybrid/remote work environment, and work/life balance. Overnight travel is not required, except for occasional travel when attending professional development events.
· Work closely with the Director and client personnel to establish audit strategy that addresses the highest risks given the available resources.
· Complete work assignments independently or as part of a team.
· Schedule and facilitate formal opening and closing meetings for each audit.
· Conduct audit testing, identify opportunities for improvement, conclude on results, and document work.
· Provide verbal and written communications to audit clients, including executive leadership, as necessary, concerning audit status, findings, and other relevant topics associated with each audit.
· Draft audit reports and obtain process owners' commitment for corrective actions.
· Work closely with client personnel to obtain agreement on audit findings, identify root causes, and establish pragmatic and sustainable recommendations for improvement.
· Develop data collection methodology to extract relevant data required to support assignments, and collect and analyze appropriate types of information, data, and evidence to perform various analytics consistent with audit/project objectives.
· Convey best practices and opportunities for increased efficiencies, where applicable.
· Assist with special investigations, departmental initiatives, and other special projects, as requested.
· Develop positive working relationships to foster an environment of open communications where Internal Audit is viewed as a partner and trusted advisor.
· Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Accounting, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, or related discipline. · Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible audit experience, preferably a combination of industry/higher ed experience or equivalent. · A professional designation may include Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor(CISA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or equivalent certification.
· Strong organizational, time management and leadership skills, including the ability to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as an individual contributor or team member in a diverse work group and the wider university community.
· Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills.
· Strong analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
· Demonstrated proficiency with analytical software and utilization of continuous monitoring processes/technologies.
Fordham Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United kingdom.