1. Assist the Business Office in maintaining the College's financial records, including creating and recording journal entries, reviewing daily reports and accounting activity, and performing various account reconciliations.
2. Assist in interpreting, developing, and implementing accounting procedures and internal controls for continuous process improvement and to ensure that College financial information is in accordance with College policies and procedures.
3. Manage College banking activity. This includes but is not limited to, monitoring daily banking activity, processing wire transfers, transmitting ACH files, managing ACH and positive pay suspects, streamlining banking processes to gain efficiencies, and completing bank reconciliations promptly.
4. Assist in the preparation of financial statements, tax returns, and other reports based on standard accounting practices.
5. Coordinate and collaborate with various college stakeholders to ensure accurate financial records and efficient processes.
6. Use analytical skills to resolve questions or problems that may arise.
7. Assist with quarterly and year-end financial statement preparation.
8. Assist during the College's year end closing process and annual audit, including investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
9. Perform other job-related duties and tasks as assigned.
OTHERKEYRESPONSIBILITIES 1. Support the College's mission, vision and values, and contribute to the advancement of the College's Strategic Plan. 2. Demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous quality improvement. 3. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
A bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field is required.
Minimum of three years experience working in an accounting office preferred. Experience using Ellucian's Colleague system preferred.
Assist the Business Office in maintaining a complete set of financial records. Apply principles of accounting to reconcile, analyze financial information, and prepare financial reports utilizing appropriate accounting procedures.
North Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce. NCC provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please notify the Office of Human Resources. Determinations for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Organization Type: Higher Education Institution