The Community College of Rhode Island is New England's largest community college, and a nationally-recognized leader in catalyzing student success and achievement for recent high school graduates and returning adults alike.
We provide affordable, open access to higher education, and we deliver on our mission to offer all students the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth.
Diversity is our strength. We champion equity, and we celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff whose demographics are reflective of our diverse student body. To learn more about our employees' values and what it means to work here, learn about our Guiding Principles here.
Posting Details > Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply for this position:
· Complete CCRI's online application, and attach a cover letter and resume by the closing date.
· If attaching a resume complete with education history and/or employment history, please disregard these sections within the online application.
· Please include the contact information for three (3) references within the application.
· Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
· Please note that all RI Council of Postsecondary Education employees (i.e., full- and part-time faculty and non-classified employees) must be fully vaccinated and boosted when eligible. Learn more about CCRI's vaccination policy here.
Please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311 (TTY: 401-825-2313) if you require assistance with the online application process.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to CCRI's Title IX Coordinator at TitleIXCoordinator@ccri.edu
The Clery Act requires colleges and universities to report campus crime data, support victims of violence, and publicly outline the policies and procedures they have put into place to improve campus safety.
This position is grant funded and limited in duration to January 3, 2023 with the possibility of renewal.
The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses initiative is part of a national investment to unlock the growth and job creation potential of small businesses, and is based on the broadly held view of leading experts that a combination of education, business support services, and access to capital best addresses the barriers to growth for small businesses. Full program details at CCRI.edu/10KSB
The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program Manager runs the day-to-day operations of the 10,000 Small Businesses (10KSB) program. S/he plays a vital coordination role in ensuring program operations are effective for scholars, staff and faculty. The Program Manager is a key liaison to program participants, s/he coordinates all classroom logistics, supporting the faculty and scholars in all education delivery logistics, and supporting preparation and planning for each
S/he plays a vital management and coordination role in ensuring program operations are effective for our small business owner scholars. The Program Manager is a key liaison to the full 10KSB team at CCRI in coordinating and scheduling key meetings and activities. S/he supports the Executive Director in preparing the annual grant budget, processing all requisitions and workflows, tracking expenditures, coordinating with the College grants accountant, preparing grant budget expenditure reports, and assisting the Executive Director in preparing her end of year grant report. S/he assists the Outreach Director to follow up with prospective applicants, process applications, schedule applicant interviews, and send communications to applicants and scholars. The Program Manager reports to the Executive Director of the 10KSB Program at CCRI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Commitment to CCRI's Mission:
· Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
· Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive environment.
· Work collaboratively with others and provide quality customer service in a diverse and inclusive environment.
Manage Program Delivery:
1. Take notes at all meetings, including pre-calls, walkthroughs and debriefs (weekly).
2. Assist the Business Advisors and Lead Faculty / Director of Program Delivery in coordinating all networking, mentoring, and professional services activities for the program.
3. Organize and plan menu within budgets for all classes and clinics, from breakfast, coffee, water, lunch, afternoon snacks, and coordinate with caterer.
4. Handle set up with facilities staff for all outreach events, classes and clinics at CCRI.
5. With support from Lead Faculty / Director of Program Delivery work to acquire all curriculum materials i.e., books, duplication of articles, documents, prior to classes.
6. Confirm any need for technology and work with the technology department to ensure that those needs will be handled within budget.
7. Posts evaluations, class materials, and other information to Basecamp, and responds to scholar questions on Basecamp.
Manage Grant Budget:
1. Assists the Executive Director in preparing annual grant budget requests.
2. Processes all requisitions, purchase orders, and workflows and tracks invoice payments.
3. Tracks budget expenditures, ensuring the program stays on-budget, coordinating with College grants accountant as required and needed.
4. Assists Executive Director to prepare expenditure reports throughout the year, including the year-end report on our grant expenditures and program impact.
1. Works closely with Outreach Director to assist with applicant outreach events and sponsorships.
2. Follows up with prospective applicants.
3. Communicates with applicants to assist in application completion and gathering required documents.
4. Organizes finalist documents according to direction from our national recruitment partner, Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC).
5. Coordinates and schedules interviews with panelists and applicants.
· Organize and moderate weekly team meetings, take and keep meeting notes.
· Manage the 10KSB dedicated email account and telephone line, and ensure that requests and questions are routed to the appropriate staff member.
· Participate in assessment of curriculum sessions through post-session debriefings as appropriate.
· Plan year-long schedule for cohorts (alongside ED & Babson to approve the schedule).
· Classroom bookings through CCRI room scheduler.
· Support scholar recruitment and alumni events as needed.
· Other duties as needed to support program success.
· Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably business or program management-related
· A minimum of three (3) years' work experience related to program support, classroom management and/or event planning
The most suitably qualified candidate will possess the following competencies:
· Outcome-oriented and a problem solver.
· Detail oriented with a strong understanding of logistics.
· Skillful communicator, creative, and an effective collaborator.
· Understands and is experienced in event scheduling and planning.
· Extremely Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel.
· Proficient in Basecamp, LivePlan, SalesForce, WebEx and Zoom.
· Experienced and proficient with budget tracking and grant management.
· Ability to work quickly and calmly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Dedicated to the program mission of small business job creation, revenue generation, and small business growth as a key driver of economic development and community impact.
Campus Location: Initially located at the Warwick Campus
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with education and experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications may not be accepted after the closing date.
Some roles will require finalists to provide official college transcripts and proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY: 401-825-2313.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the College's commitment to excellence created by diversity and inclusivity.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to the College's Title IX Coordinator at: TitleIXCoordinator@ccri.edu.
The Community College of Rhode Island is the states only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state and our increasingly diverse student population. We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses. We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve their highest potential. To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch videos of our employees doing what they do best: https://www.ccri.edu/equity/culture/guidingprinciples.html