Our Michigan City, IN firm is looking to for a full-time tax preparer/staff accountant to support our growing firm. This position will have a focus on delivering high quality work for individual and business clients. Other job responsibilities will include:
Tax preparation (individual and business clients)
Working and communicating with clients on tax and accounting matters
Bookkeeping and payroll tax compliance for clients
Filing relevant tax returns
Special projects as needed.
We offer a friendly work environment and competitive benefits package including flexible hours, discretionary performance bonuses, paid vacation and holidays, corporate retirement plan match and professional development opportunities.
· Recent experience in public accounting including tax preparation and payroll tax compliance are required
· Certified Public Accountants or Enrolled Agents are welcome but not a requirement.
· Quickbooks Online and Desktop experience required
· Lacerte Software knowledge preferred but not required.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
· Strong, professional communication skills (written and verbal)
· Critical thinker with strong organizational and project management skills
· 3+ years of experience in public accounting or similar experience.