Niagara County Community College is searching for a Director of Development. This is a full-time, 12-month, college funded administrative position reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
The Director of Development is primarily responsible building relationships with existing and prospective donors capable of significant contributions. By helping donors accomplish their giving objectives through scholarship growth, annual giving, major and planned gifts, the Director of Development will secure vital financial resources to fulfill the NCCC Foundation's mission. This position will engage in and be responsible for all aspects of the donor cycle, including donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment, and stewardship.
Niagara County Community College is doing its part to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus within our work environment and requiring that all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including the first booster (if eligible). Therefore, the candidate that is selected for hire of the position must show proof of their vaccination status to the Human Resources office after an offer of employment is accepted. NCCC will consider requests for medical and religious exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
Typical Work Activities:
1. Advances the mission, vision, and short and long-term goals of the NCCC Foundation.
2. Works closely with the Assistant Vice President of Institutional Advancement to execute advancement and campaign priorities and develop program funding priorities and related cases for support.
3. Analyze and predict a donor's propensity, capacity, and enthusiasm to give; Develop appropriate asks based upon donor capacity, intent, and interest.
4. Creates and executes fundraising plans that utilize best practices in major giving, including identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major donors.
5. Serves as lead staff for assigned Foundation Board volunteer committee(s). Recruits and trains volunteers as needed to cultivate, solicit and steward major/annual giving contributions.
6. Works with Assistant Vice President of Institutional Advancement to identify and segment data for appeals and special projects and produce database reports and queries to track campaigns and appeals status. Analyzes data and adjusts activities and programs appropriately to ensure strong results. Performs annual evaluation of major/annual giving efforts each fiscal year and assists in generating a comprehensive yearly plan for the coming fiscal year.
7. Coordinates, with assistance from the Public Relations Office staff, special events sponsored by the Foundation with support from members of the Board of Directors.
8. Provides administrative support to Foundation Board or its committees as assigned.
9. Represents the Foundation before civic groups and organizations deemed appropriate and necessary to fulfill the goals of the Foundation.
10. Utilizes database to input donor contacts for tracking of event activities, such as sponsorships, donations, and event attendance.
11. Develops new stewardship strategies that support and maintain the relationship for future gifts with all donors.
12. Generate ideas for Alumni/College's social media outlets.
13. Contributes articles and reports regarding NCCC Foundation activities for the year to NCCC Annual Report.
14. Serves on committees as assigned.
15. Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
Advanced and effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to attend to detail. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships internally and externally to promote NCCC and its Foundation and secure donations. Ability to make presentations and develop written, printed, and electronic communications. Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Blackbaud Raisers Edge database management, support the Foundation's operations and efforts. Preparation of budgets and related reports and ability to seamlessly work with the Foundation's accountant. The successful candidate must communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders. Local travel and occasional work on nights and weekends may be required.
Bachelor's degree inBusiness Administration, Education, Communication, or a related field from an accredited institution.
Three to five years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in non-profit fundraising, stewardship/donor relations, event management, working with a volunteer board, or related responsibilities with executive experience.
Special Instructions Summary:
Niagara County Community College considers only those applications that clearly demonstrate the applicant meets all required qualifications as indicated on the posting, please review the qualifications before applying. Persons meeting the required qualifications as stated above should submit the following:
cover letter that addresses each of the qualifications
names and contact information for three (3) current, work related references
Incomplete packets will be rejected for lack of information.
For full consideration applications must be submitted by January 3, 2023. If a viable candidate is not found during the initial review, applications submitted after January 3, 2023 will be considered.
NCCC does not discriminate and prohibits harassment or discrimination related to any protected category including creed, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, political or social affiliation, age, race, color, veteran status, military status, religion, sexual orientation, domestic violence status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or perceived gender. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Our college nurtures and empowers its students and employees in ways that recognize and value our common humanity as well as the richness of our diversity. NCCC offers high-quality academic programs leading to degrees and certificates which are supported by outstanding student services in an inclusive and welcoming environment. NCCC provides a variety of cultural, social, and international experiences, as well as community education and workforce development that supports economic development that positively impacts the quality of life of valued stake-holders. The College operates through a collegial model of shared governance and transparency, and is accountable to meet the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
Established in 1962, NCCC offers a comprehensive and vibrant learning environment with an enrollment of approximately 3,090 students (Fall 2021 semester). The student to faculty ratio is 12:1, providing a high degree of personalized attention and connection between students and faculty.
The NCCC campus, located in Sanborn, NY, offers easy access to both Buffalo, NY and Niagara Falls State Park, and is minutes from the Canadian border. The campus is centr...ally located between the county’s three main cities of Lockport, Niagara Falls, and North Tonawanda. NCCC serves the community in two locations within Niagara County, at the Sanborn campus, and at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute, located in the heart of downtown Niagara Falls.
NCCC continues to actively expand with the recent opening of its Learning Commons Center, a $25 million dollar project on the Sanborn campus. In just a short period of time, it has become the nucleus of the campus; a place for faculty to collaborate and help students develop critical thinking skills while incorporating state-of-the-art technology and innovative student support services.
NCCC welcomes applicants who are committed in helping us fulfill our mission and to reach our vision of being a leader in providing a dynamic, high quality, educational environment responsive to current and emerging needs of our students and community. At NCCC we embrace diversity and promote inclusion throughout the institution and seek candidates who share those principles and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.