Provides institutional support through General Accounting and Budget Planning services. This position requires initiative, judgment, and considerable verbal and written contact with faculty and staff across campus.
Bachelor's degree in accounting with a minimum of 1 year relevant work experience.
Ability to manage multiple tasks, remain organized, deal with a heavy workload, and prioritize work.
High level of attention to detail.
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and budgeting practices.
Higher Education experience.
PL SQL experience.
Essential Functions and percent of time::
· Perform accounting processes, reconciliations, and related entries.
· Perform various accounting functions and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements
· Assist with specialized accounting assignments such as the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial activity.
· Assist with annual audit preparations.
· Support preparation of various financial reports.
· Work with other Accounting staff to make recommendations on process improvements
· Back-up various functions within the Office of the Controller and other duties as assigned.
30% · Perform budgeting processes, reconciliations and related entries on an ongoing and annual basis to safeguard the university's financial resources.
· Review, analyze, and process budget modifications for operating budgets, ensuring compliance with existing policy and maintaining clear audit trails of all changes
· Assist with budget performance reports, analyzing differences between budget and actual performance
· Maintain and assist in the development of the annual university budget.
· Perform fiscal period end and closing procedures in accordance to University policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles
10% Other projects and duties as assigned.
Wright State University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is committed to an inclusive environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To preserve the safety and security of the campus community and to maintain the integrity of university operations, it is the policy of Wright State University to make an employment offer contingent on various background checks, such as a criminal record, credit history when job related and/or education verifications. Additionally, an administrative review shall be conducted whenever the university learns that an employee is charged with or convicted of a crime (except for minor vehicle violations). Frequently asked questions related to background checks may be found on the Human resources website at http://www.wright.edu/human-resources.
Effective July 1, 2017, per Policy 7230 Wright State University is tobacco-free. Tobacco use, including the sale, advertising sampling and distribution of tobacco products and tobacco related items is prohibited in all university facilities, on all university owned or leased grounds, university owned or operated residence halls and apartments, and at all university sponsored events regardless of location. Tobacco use is also prohibited in all university vehicles or on any equipment owned, leased or operated by Wright State University. This policy applies to anyone on campus including students, faculty, staff, visitors, consultants, vendors, patients, volunteers, and contractor employees.
Wright State University serves nearly 18,000 students and offers more than 230 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and professional degree programs through eight colleges and three schools. Located in the city of Fairborn in Greene County, Ohio, Wright State is conveniently situated adjacent to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and is less than 10 miles from downtown Dayton. One of our eight colleges, Wright State University–Lake Campus, is a university-operated regional campus on the shores of Grand Lake St. Marys in Celina, Ohio. The Wright State alumni community is more than 109,000 strong. For more information please visit www.wright.edu.