What we’re looking for… Based in our Cleveland Headquarters and reporting to the CFO, the VP Corporate Controller is responsible for the organization’s global tax, credit, payables, receivables, cost, US domestic & and international accounting functions. This includes establishing, monitoring, and reinforcing accounting policies and procedures across the organization. This individual will lead the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close process ensuring timely, accurate reporting of our financial results.
The VP Corporate Controller will monitor emerging accounting guidance and make necessary changes to ensure compliance with US GAAP. Further, this leader will identify, implement, and champion initiatives to enhance the function’s operational efficiency, financial accuracy, and analytical capabilities. This individual will ensure a culture of continuous improvement, implementing processes, tools, and systems that translate financial data into meaningful and actionable insights.
Expectations & Accountabilities …
Drives timely close of monthly accounting activity and assures accurate account reconciliations are completed according to departmental procedures, generally accepted accounting principles and accepted timeframes.
Oversees and optimizes all aspects of accounting operations and ensure GAAP compliance for receivables, payables, month-end close, reconciliations, and related financial reporting.
Oversees all financial related matters, in collaboration with the CFO, to ensure company financial plans are executed
Collaboratively establishes and maintains standards and controls to mitigate financial risks and promote financial accountability throughout the organization. Provides guidance and resources to ensure the finance organization can reinforce stewardship while acting as true business partners to internal stakeholders.
Directly leads annual tax and audit processes, providing accurate and timely information needed for comparative annual financial statements, and other corporate taxes. Ensures external tax preparers and auditors have everything needed to meet compliance deadlines.
Leads, coaches, and develops direct reports and subordinate organizations. Ensures the application of talent and performance management best practices within the accounting function. Implements resources, tools, and systems that foster a culture of empowerment.
Ensures Oatey values (Collaboration, Integrity, Respect, Courage, Leadership, Excellence) are modelled throughout the accounting/finance organization.
Demonstrates Oatey’s value of Collaboration, stepping up to additional tasks and initiatives as needed.
What you’ll need to be successful…
Minimum twelve (12) years of experience leading finance/accounting team
Accounting and financial reporting experience in an international, multi-location manufacturing and distribution environment.
Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP, technical and M&A accounting (including consolidation).
Experience working as the primary interface with external auditors and tax preparers.
Highly competent with Microsoft Office suite & major Enterprise Resource System (ideally SAP) and other accounting software (OneStream & Lease Query).
Demonstrated coaching, leadership, and change agent capabilities. Capable of working effectively in an environment with ongoing strategic and tactical demands. Capable of developing and leading a strategic vision while maintaining a hands-on approach.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Who is Oatey?
Since 1916, Oatey has provided reliable, high-quality products for the residential and commercial plumbing industries, with a commitment to delivering quality, building trust and improving lives. Today, Oatey operates a comprehensive manufacturing and distribution network to supply thousands of products for professional builders, contractors, engineers and do-it-yourself consumers around the world.
The Oatey family of companies is consist of brands that are synonymous with quality, integrity, and trust in the plumbing industry. We are Oatey, Cherne, Keeney, Quick Drain, Hercules, Dearborn, GF Thompson, Harvey, Masters, Contact, and Belanger.
• At Oatey, our purpose has always been to deliver quality, build trust and improve lives through the products that we make.
• Oatey fosters an environment that embraces diversity - acknowledging, valuing, and utilizing the unique experiences and perspectives of our associates.
• We value Collaboration, Integrity, Respect, Courage, Leadership, and Excellence above all else.
• Our vision is to remain and continue to grow as a market leader, to enrich the lives of our Associates, to challenge the status... quo, and to foster an inclusive environment in every regard.
• Our purpose, mission, and vision are not possible without the right people, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive, engaging, and rewarding environment for our Associates.
• Oatey has a total rewards philosophy which encompasses compensation, benefits, work-life effectiveness, recognition, performance management, tuition reimbursement, mental health wellness, and talent development.
• Come join the Oatey team, where we’re big enough to matter and small enough that YOU matter!