- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a related business (Accounting degree preferred ) or equivalent experience generally based on the basis if 2:1 (experience: college) years, plus four (4) years related work experience showing progressively more complex responsibilities in a substantive and relevant business role which provides evidence of the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform successfully the duties of the position. Additional education in fields specifically related to the position requirements may offset qualifying experience.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in evaluating compliance with policies and procedures and identifying areas for improvement.
- Proficient in MS Office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills suitable for all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while contributing to the success of the team.
- Experience with financial data analysis techniques.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum of four years of audit experience with two years of experience in an environment that provides exposure to procurement processes, budgeting, financial reporting, accounting standards, project management, or a related field for which Internal Audit has a need.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or other certifications for which Internal Audit has a need.
- Experience with TeamMate+ or other electronic audit work paper technology.
- Experience with analyzing financial data, advanced Excel skills or other tools used for analysis.
- Knowledge of Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit,
- Knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations with an understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Federal Travel Regulation (FTR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Ability to effectively prepare documentation that details work performed clearly and concisely.
- The ability to reach a conclusion and present opinions based on gathered evidence and established criteria.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis)