Half Moon Bay, California
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business; or equivalent full-time, directly contemporary experience on the basis of 2:1 (experience:college) years.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within tight time constraints.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity or working knowledge of PeopleSoft or similar ERP system.
- PeopleSoft query experience.
- Experience working in an accounting department.
Environmental, Health & Safety Requirements:
- Ability to work at a computer for most of the day.
- Requires the ability to concentrate on accuracy.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave);
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan;
- 401(k) Plan;
- Flexible Work Arrangements including telework/hybrid model;
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs;
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis).
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.