Job Description Summary Responsible for the entry level performance of cash and basic accrual accounting functions, including general ledger accounting, financial reporting, and technical/clerical support. Use established accounting principles to work under guided supervision and to consistently produce a high quality and accurate work product. The intent of this position is to gain the exposure and industry knowledge needed to move into a Client Accountant position.
Perform Full Cycle Accounting to cash basis and/or basic accrual properties (generally classified as and including, but not limited to Industrial, Land, Association, or low tenant/light Office properties). This will include analysis of accounts or accounting transactions, preparation of bank reconciliation and cash management functions, AP and AR, Accruals and reconciliations. Prioritize and maintain organization of a medium volume workload for a single or multiple clients.
* Prepare comprehensive basic financial reporting packages timely and accurately in accordance with internal controls and client requirements; Includes prioritizing and maintaining a medium volume workload and productivity standards for a single or multiple clients.
* Assist, as requested, with the accounting support functions as directed by manager. This will increase exposure to various property accounting functions beyond assigned workload, including, but not limited to accounts receivable transactions, preparation of supporting or ad-hoc reconciliation analysis schedules, journal entries or other data entry assistance, and special projects requiring research.
* Apply the financial policies and procedures as found in the Client Accounting Policies & Procedures manual to all transactions. Gain a true understanding of the structure and impact on the policies and segregation of duties between Property Management and Client Accounting.
* Research, analyze and effectively communicate basic accounting issues and escalate appropriately by bringing any inconsistencies to attention of management. Effectively communicate and collaborate with clients and property management in a timely manner.
* Partial time should be dedicated to the completion & review of the Client Accounting month-end checklist to expose entry level accountant to various types of property accounting practices and to gain a comprehensive general understanding of the industry standard accounting. This could include properties not assigned to the junior accountant that have been completed by another accountant within the department and assigned at the discretion of the Accounting Manager, if needed.
* As position evolves, shadow experienced Client or Senior Accountant to gain knowledge in accounting functions for increased complexity properties (including straight line rent accounting and entries, fixed asset accounting and entries, high volume tenant count as found in Office, Retail, and Medical product types, and full accrual accounting.
* Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
Work for the Best in the Industry - make your next move here!
Cushman & Wakefield is a leading global real estate services firm. As a leader in multifamily property management, we deliver exceptional value through tailored solutions that create efficient and engaging communities. Our passionate approach, strong operational practices and high-performing teams unlock every property’s ability to provide residents with a place they can truly call home.