Job Description Summary The Accountant provides the primary accounting, bill payment/processing, financial support, and some administrative/clerical support for Property Managers. This position is responsible for maintaining and updating financial records using data bases, spreadsheets, and accounting systems that track expenditures, revenue, receipts, cash flow, and other financial activities.
* Keeps records of financial transactions for establishment, using calculator and computer. Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents, such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
* Prepares and submits documentation for expense reports and variance process and obtains necessary approvals.
* May compile reports to show statistics, such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business. Maintains, updates, and summarizes applicable ledgers and computer files/reports.
* May be assigned to either accounts payable or receivable and may handle billing/invoicing, cash receipts, data entry, budgets and budgeting, expenses, sales receipts, vendor service contracts, timesheets and payroll, and some administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
* May perform other accounting, reporting, and record keeping functions as assigned.
Cushman & Wakefield also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life, and disability insurance programs, and paid and unpaid time away from work. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, Cushman and Wakefield provide eligible employees with competitive pay, which may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, total hours worked, job type, business line, and applicability of collective bargaining agreements.The compensation that will be offered to the successful candidate will depend on factors such as whether the position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, the geographic area in which the work will be performed, market pay rates in that area, and the candidate's experience and qualifications.The company will not pay less than minimum wage for this role.The compensation for the position is: $51,000.00 - $60,000.00Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
Work for the Best in the Industry - make your next move here!
Cushman & Wakefield is a leading global real estate services firm. As a leader in multifamily property management, we deliver exceptional value through tailored solutions that create efficient and engaging communities. Our passionate approach, strong operational practices and high-performing teams unlock every property’s ability to provide residents with a place they can truly call home.