This position reports to the Finance Manager. Reconciles various cash and balance sheet accounts as required on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Prepares journal entries, schedules, and other reports related to these reconciliations. as well as other financial transactions related to portions of the unrestricted fund, loan fund, plant fund, and restricted fund.
1. Baccalaureate degree in accounting or related field required.
2. Related accounting experience preferred.
3. Familiarity with computerized financial systems, preferably Ellucian.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and other work-related software and technology.
5. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is a center of academic excellence dedicated to the preparation of world citizens through global education. The University strives to provide students with the multi-disciplinary, intercultural, and ethical understandings necessary to participate, lead, and prosper in the global marketplace of ideas, commerce and culture.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Fairleigh Dickinson University takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Please click on this link to view a federal government poster that explains your Equal Employment Opportunity rights http://www.fdu.edu/admin/eh/fedeeo.pdf