At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure leaders have the staff and resources their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives.
This position will be moving with the community line to the Consumer Care Center and will responsible for the daily workflow of the RN Triage staff and work in collaboration with the other Clinical Managers to ensure smooth operations, previous leadership experience is a must. This position will be a hybrid position which will be required three (3) days in person required to work from Banner Corporate Center Mesa and two (2) days work from home. Rotating weekends are required.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides supervision and support of clinical operations, staff, and patients. Manages finances and personnel to ensure appropriate allocation of resources in providing quality patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides and facilitates patient centered care and patient flow and serves as a resource to employees for clinical and managerial support. Promotes and participates in interdisciplinary patient care planning and education. Assesses appropriate level of care for patient population. Elevates utilization or care plan issues to leadership as appropriate.
2. Ensures effective use of resources, equipment and supplies. Identifies and adjusts staffing levels needed to meet changing workload projections and provide safe, quality patient care. Ensures smooth and efficient patient care management.
3. Assists with the development of budgets and ensures that targets are met.
4. Serves as a resource to patients, families, physicians, and staff by interpreting policies and facilitating care. Provides departmental leadership by demonstrating effective communication skills, problem solving, and proactive conflict resolution to internal and external customers in situations.
5. Hires, leads, mentors, develops, and evaluates staff in a manner that promotes engagement, productivity, and ensures competencies. Mentors staff to increase clinical skills, critical thinking, problem solving skills and promote retention. Conducts individual and team goal setting, performance planning and evaluation.
6. Supports change and participates in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of process improvement and quality management activities. Works with staff to make necessary changes.
7. This position facilitates smooth coordination of care to ensure patient care needs are met while maintaining quality standards in a financially responsible manner. Performs work with minimal supervision. Assures efficient operations to meet customer needs. Internal customers include physicians, staff, and management. External customers include patients, families, and surrounding community.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES DIRECTLY REPORTING Nursing and other Clinical staff MATRIX OR INDIRECT REPORTING None TYPE OF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Assigned full authority for employment actions including selection, training, coaching, and performance reviews.
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, values, and purpose of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS OE - Typical Office Environment: (Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Consultant, Program Manager) Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking. May be required to lift up to 20 pounds. Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment. Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects. Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone. May require off-site travel
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care as normally obtained through the completion of an associate's degree in nursing, health care or related field.
Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice.
Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical operations as normally demonstrated through 1-2 years of experience with relevant to patient population. Must have the ability to develop and maintain working relationships with physicians, staff, patients, and families. Knowledge of the requirements of applicable regulatory and accreditation agencies Excellent human relations and communication skills. May require possession of a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Management or supervisory experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.